New Landing How can we help? General Feedback & Suggestions custom team gallery features

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
    pleeman

Hello,

I am currently using the JOYN theme. I am not using the child theme, but realize I will need to with any custom work. First, I wonder how to switch to using a child theme with JOYN? Will I lose current settings if I do this?

Second, I wonder if swiftideas is able to provide custom code for a team member gallery feature we are interested in? I will post an example of the feature in a private message.

Thank you

pleeman
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

@pleeman – please renew your support license on ThemeForest to access the Joyn support forums.

Thanks,
    David.

pleeman

OK, just renewed support.

David Martin – Support

@pleeman – great, the Envato API usually refreshes every hour~ so please be patient if you cannot immediately access the desired forum – this is not something we can control.

Cheers,
    David.

pleeman

Hi, just checking in on this.

Thank you

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You can see an example of our team gallery here: http://joyn.swiftideas.com/pages/about-us-alt/

If you want to replicate http://www.welikesmall.com/company/ it would require a lot of customisation, which is unfortunately beyond our scope of support as it’s more work than a small customisation

– Kyle

pleeman

Thanks Kyle,

Looking for a little help related to who or where I might go to get the provided customization?

Also, what is the process for switching from the parent theme to the child theme for JOYN? I don’t want to lose any of the setup/config?

Thank you again,

Kyle – SUPPORT

Just activate the child theme, everything will remain the sae, you may need to reset the ‘Front Page’ in settings > reading or reassign a menu, but they are the only things

You can hire a developer from https://www.workable.com/

– Kyle

pleeman

Where do I find the JOYN “child theme” file?

Kyle – SUPPORT

In the download file from ThemeForest

– Kyle

pleeman

Thank you,

When using a child theme should custom css go into the “Joyn Child Theme: style.css ” through the Editor or should it be entered into Theme Options -> Custom CSS?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

It can go in either, most people choose to put it in the child theme

– Kyle

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register