New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Custom page templates

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Meanderling

Hi,

I need to create a few pages that show only the main content area and sub-footer, I think a new page template is the way to go, but I’m not sure what to strip out of the base page.php file without breaking it…

Your demo site shows the ‘coming soon’ & ‘maintenance mode’ pages without header/footer, which is similar to what I want, although I’d still like to keep the sub-footer. I’ve tried the pre-built pages for both, but header and footer remain. Can you tell me the best way to achieve what I’m after? I’m currently doing it by page id and my child theme’s stylesheet, but I don’t think this is the most efficient way to do it.

One other thing…
    Are custom templates effected when WP or the theme is updated?
    I’m using a page template that I found on this forum to give me narrower sidebars – I think Mohammad posted it (thanks Mohammad!), but I can’t find it now. I notice it doesn’t contain <div class=”container”> – I assume it’s ok as it seems to work, but I’m wondering if that’s ok and whether or not I need to be updating it each time the theme is updated.

If you could help, that would be great!

Many thanks!!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Can you please attach a marked screenshot so i can get and suggest to any possible solution.

Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Meanderling

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for your reply – I’m not sure what screenshot you need, can you explain? I just need a normal page, minus header, footer but keeping the sub-footer. What’s the best way to achieve this?

Please also feedback on:
    1) whether custom templates need to be updated following theme or WP updates
    2) whether it makes any difference not having <div class=”container”> included in the file template-page2.php, downloaded from this forum.

Many thanks.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I want screenshot mockup of design so i can suggest you easily.
    Thanks

Meanderling

Screenshot as requested.

Please don’t forget to feedback on the other 2 points.

Thanks

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please use custom css to remove to each specific page:

/* 7606 is the id of specific page */
    body.page-id-7606 #footer.footer-divider{display:none !important}
    body.page-id-7606 div.header-wrap{display:none !important}

Thanks

Meanderling

Thanks but I already had that code, I was looking for a way to set it up as a template so that I could reuse it easily.

You still haven’t answered my other 2 questions…

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Unfortunately that is not part of the current theme functionality, and it’s not within the scope of our support to be able to provide that functionality as it is more work than a small customisation. While we’d love to be able to support every customisation request, we simply don’t have the time. We recommend that you seek a freelance developer if you need that functionality, potentially from one of the below resources:

https://codeable.io

Home

http://www.microlancer.com

Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Meanderling

Thanks for the cut & paste, but I didn’t make a customisation request.

I would however, still like an answer to my questions – I’ve asked 4 times in this thread, please answer the following.

1) Do custom templates need to be updated following theme or WP updates?
    2) Does it makes any difference not having <div class=”container”> included in the file template-page2.php, downloaded from this forum?

I don’t think the questions are that tricky and both relate to a template downloaded from this forum – please advise.

Thanks.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    1) Do custom templates need to be updated following theme or WP updates?
    No custom templates not need to be updated following theme or WP updates.

2) Does it makes any difference not having <div class=”container”> included in the file template-page2.php.
    It will break the layout of page because all content goes inside this .

Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Meanderling

Thanks for answering.

On point 2 – it doesn’t seem to break the page, but I’m concerned that I might be missing something less obvious. Please take a look at the file, it was supplied by you for use with Dante, and I’m guessing there are a few people on this forum using it (sidebars are pretty big otherwise).

You can find it here – http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/topic/sidebar-2/

Thanks.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please provide page url using this template file so i can see issue.
    Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Meanderling

The issue is that the file you supplied does not contain the class name “container”, which you say should break the layout. Please look at the code you supplied (link above is still live), I am using it unaltered.

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Sorry, I have not seen this file before and forgot about it.
    Thanks 🙂
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Meanderling

No problem. If you could just check it, as your earlier comment suggests it shouldn’t work, but it does seem to. I just want to be sure that it is working/coded correctly and that I haven’t used a broken template to my site.

Many thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register