New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Joyn CSS Changes for Blog Posts

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Joyn
    RatatoskMalice

Hi,

I would really like to make a couple edits to how the blog posts appear on my page. I am currently using the “mini-blog” style and would like to make two changes.

1.) I would like to change it so the blog preview/thumbnail (whatever you want to call it) uses the H6 tag to define the post title font style.

2.) I would like to switch out the “read-more-button” for the large with icon button (with the icon as fa-gears). (example image attached)

Can you please direct me on how to make these changes? I have some experience working with CSS.

other than that I just want to say how much I love swiftideas work. Huge fan of the new Joyn theme! Even more impressed then I was with Dante which has been one of my all time favorite themes.

Thanks!
    Dru

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Add the code below to your custom css option

.blog-items .standard-post-content h1{
    font-size: 30px!important;
    font-weight: bold!important;
    color: #28AFED!important;
    }

-Rui

RatatoskMalice

Thank you for the fast response. I added the code you provided to the CSS section (Theme Options -> Custom CSS) but there has been no change. Am I missing something? Also, any ideas on how to make those changes to the read-more-button?

Thank you!
    Dru

Attachments:
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I Forgot about the button. Here it goes.

Inside the file sf-post-formats.php find the line 549 similar to the one below.

$post_item .= '<a class="read-more-button" href="' . $post_permalink . '">' . __( "Read more", "swiftframework" ) . '</a>';

and replace by this one:

$post_item .= do_shortcode('[spb_button button_size="standard" button_colour="accent" button_type="sf-icon-stroke" button_text="Button Text" button_icon="fa-gears" button_link=". $post_permalink ." button_target="_self" button_dropshadow="no" animation="none" animation_delay="0" width="1/1" el_position="first last"]');

Let us know if it worked.

-Rui

RatatoskMalice

Rui,

Thank you! The button text worked near flawlessly! Only 2 issues. Instead of linking to the post, the button now directs to http://www.druseefried.com/.%20$post_permalink%20.

The other issue I have is the placement or alignment. Is there anyways to move the button up a tad to make it look a bit cleaner? Image example attached, if you let me know what line to look at for that alignment I can play around with it until it fits 🙂

Thank you so much!
    Dru

Attachments:
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

It mas missing some quotes, replace by this one

$post_item .= do_shortcode('[spb_button button_size="standard" button_colour="accent" button_type="sf-icon-stroke" button_text="Button Text" button_icon="fa-gears" button_link="'. $post_permalink .'" button_target="_self" button_dropshadow="no" animation="none" animation_delay="0" width="1/4" el_position="first last"]');

Also changed the width so the button can stay in a different position.

-Rui

RatatoskMalice

Hey Rui,

That code for the post button worked beautifully! Thank you so much for your help. Can you give me any insight on the title font change? I added the CSS as directed but it did not change anything. I attached a screen shot a couple posts up.

Thank you again!
    Dru

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please use this custom css code:-

.mini-items .blog-item h3 {
        font-size: 14px;
    }

Thanks
    Mohammad

RatatoskMalice

Mohammad and Rui,

Thank you so much guys! That solves all of my issues, for now at least.

Thank you!!!!
    Dru

Kyle – SUPPORT

Thanks guys!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register