New Landing How can we help? Atelier Coupon code entry field disappears in checkout for logged in users

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    asperty

Hi,

I have a strange issue in the checkout page.

When a customer is logged in the coupon code entry field is NOT present. It is however there in the cart.

When they are not logged in, everything works as normal.

I think it is a conflict between your theme and woocommerce group coupons plugin. It however worked fine in the previous theme.

I just can’t work out why it is ok in the cart page and not the checkout page.

Can you let me know if there is a fix. I appreciate it,
    Thanks
    Andy

David Martin – Support

Regardless if I’m logged in/out – I still see the coupon input in the cart. Where else are you referring to?

Please add some screenshots to help illustrate.

Cheers,
    David.

asperty
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

It’s applying a coupon by default: http://d.pr/i/nIZP/2TZJmZ14 you need to check your settings for that coupon.

– Kyle

asperty

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for looking at this. Yes it is applying a coupon code by default, but that isn’t the root of the issue. By disabling the specific auto-application the issue is still present.

It seems to be a theme bug, as far as I can work out.

I have tried all the settings available in every combo I can think of and I get the same result.

Basically, when you add a coupon in the cart (logged in or not logged in), on proceeding to the checkout, the coupon field “Have a coupon? Click here to enter your code” is not visible.

So in the instance, somebody wants to add 2 coupon codes, they can’t from the checkout, they have to do it in the cart.

As far as I understand it, that is a bug (or unusual UX), at least compared to other woocommerce installs I have.

Hopefully that explanation is a little clearer.

Thanks

Kyle – SUPPORT

What happens when you activate Twenty Fifteen? I didn’t think it was possible to add to coupons at once

– Kyle

asperty

OK, maybe that is what is happening. Let me investigate with 2015 and other installs and get back to you.

With a previous theme we were using, it was possible. Could have been an older versions of woo.

I will report back.

Thanks for your support.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok no problem

asperty

OK in 2015 the coupon field doesn’t show if you entered a coupon in the cart.

However.. (see private reply)

asperty

Cancel that.

It is a change in woo 2.5.

I just went into another of my sites with woo 2.4.13 and the coupon is also in the checkout.Then i upgraded it to woo 2.5.2 and the coupon field disappears in checkout when you have already added a code.

My apologies. It has nothing to do with Atelier. Woo went and changed things again!

Thanks

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem

asperty

It’s official: it was a woo update:

woocommerce changelog:

2.5.0 – 18/01/2016
    Tweak – Only display the coupon form on the checkout if a coupon hasn’t been applied.

David Martin – Support

@asperty thanks for updating, those updates can indeed catch everyone out!

Thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register