New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Ability Contact form not sending emails

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Ability
    Polymvth

I recently changed domain names and now the contact form doesn’t seem to be sending emails. I’ve tried switching email addresses and it won’t send to any address I try. I checked spam and they aren’t ending up in there either. I’m not getting a return message or any error they just don’t send at all.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

I’m afraid this is not a theme issue, please contact the plugin developer as there has been issues with emails not sending

– Kyle

Kelle27

Hey,

My contact form is also not working.
    I’ve changed my email address to test if it would work but it is still doesn’t.
    My email address linked to the website is a gmail account so this wouldn’t have anything to do with my domain server right?

attached is what happens when I submit a message.

could you please test and help me.
    kelle.co.nz
    Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

You will have to check with your hosting company any error that you may have in the email settings. Ask them to help you finding any errors in the log files.

This is already out of the scope of our support.

-Rui

Polymvth

I don’t have any plugins installed so how would I figure out who developed the contact form plugin that your theme is using? I contacted my hosting company and they told me the issue was with the theme so what should I ask them to help me with when I call back?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

You start saying in the first topic that this worked before changing domains, so I guess the problem should be related to that. The contact form use the email settings on the web server.

Does the WordPress recovery password emails work?

-Rui

Polymvth

Yes the recovery password emails work. They said that the email form should have nothing to do with the web server can you explain/be more specific about how the email form works with my server?

Perhaps it’s coincidental that it stopped working after I changed domain I hadn’t tried it in a long time.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You must have contact form 7 installed or you wouldn’t have the form at all. Please contact them about your issue: https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/contact-form-7

– Kyle

Polymvth

Does this theme automatically come with contact form 7? I never installed it and I don’t see it installed in my plugins. Where is the documentation for ability? I can’t seem to find it.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

That is a free plugin that you can install from the link below or the plugins dashboard.

Contact Form 7

Check the documentation inside the zip file downloaded from Themeforest.

-Rui

Polymvth

I have installed and set up contact form 7 and it sends emails from this URL http://theiii.net/home/contact

But when if you try to send an email from the form you see when you just go to the front page theiii.net it doesn’t work any ideas why this might be?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Maybe a problem in your server, not sure.

Try to use the plugin below, it suppose to log the emails that are sent and maybe it can provide additional information that will help you figure this out.

WP Mail Logging

-Rui

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register