New Landing How can we help? Atelier Confusion about page title on product page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posted in: Atelier
    Saskia

I seem to be a bit confused about how the page title is supposed to work on the product page. I posted this in the theme comments section but I’ll show a few screenshots here to explain what is happening.
    Basically, on existing products (i.e. products that existed before I changed to the Atelier theme) I’m getting a page title at the top. After updating the product in any way, the page title disappears and no matter what meta options I select, it won’t come back.
    If the theme’s normal behavior is to not show that page title, then does that mean the only way to correct it is to manually update every single product in the database? I certainly hope not, because I have over 2,000 products which I really don’t want to have to update manually one at a time. Any ideas?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Yes this is the case, the products will not adapt the new meta options until they are updated. I’m sure there will be a way around this, I will forward this to the developer for you

– Kyle

Saskia

Thanks for the quick feedback Kyle
    This could be a bit of a fly in the ointment. If all products require the meta options surely lots of other people are going to run into this issue if they’re upgrading an existing website.
    Maybe there is a script that could add the required meta information in the database at the time of installation, or a script that could be run separately?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Saskia

You can set the default state of the page heading in Theme Options > Default Meta Options.

This is the fallback for products/posts/pages which don’t have that meta option set, and also the default when you create new products.

Please can you check that you have that enabled?

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @Saskia

Apologies – just realised. The page heading is not meant to be used on Product Pages as it’s shown in the summary section to the right of the imagery. I’ll fix this in the update today so that it is never shown, even on old products.

– Ed

Saskia

Thanks Ed, that sounds like a great solution!

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem

Saskia

Sorry to report this, but I updated the theme to v1.01 today and the old products are still showing the page heading at the top. Did your change make it into this update?

Saskia

Oops, scratch that. Just set Default Show Page Heading to off and it’s working perfectly. All sorted!

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok great 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register