New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante comments text at bottom ef every page

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    LSX

Hi,
    I have deselected “allow people to post comments on new articles” in the discussion default article settings but i still get the text “0 comments…” at the bottom of every page i have created.

How do i get rid of this text? I hope i do not have to edit the pages.php in the theme file to do this?

LSX

one solution is as follows –

Just need to comment out the second comments template line in page.php.

<?php // comments_template(”, true); ?>

I was hoping there would be an easier solution to removing the comments text other than editing the pages.php of the theme?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

You can turn them off globally in Settings > Discussion, but you would also need to turn them off on pages already enabled on – that’s just the way WordPress works. Unfortunately we had to enable comments on pages due to ThemeForest’s new requirements.

A quick way to enable in bulk is to select all pages and then bulk > quick edit > uncheck the comments box.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

LSX

Thank for the reply and good tip about the bulk edit.

However after doing exactly what you said i still had to edit the pages.php to remove the “# Comments…..” text that came up at the bottom of every page.

It does the same thing on all the posts even after all comments and discussion boxes have been deselected.

Is there another way to remove this text without having to edit pages.php?

LSX

PS I don’t think you understood that I’m referring to the “0 Comments” line at the end of the page rather than the ability to set the comment box on / off.

Just to clarify what i did to turn it off at the present time was to comment out the second comments template line in page.php. For example:

<?php // comments_template(”, true); ?>

Is there another way to remove the “0 Comments” line at the end of each page/post?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@LSX – I’m intrigued to know how this is different for you. As soon as I disable comments on a page here, the whole comments asset is gone.

Can you please provide a link/login in a private reply so that I can take a look?

– Ed

LSX
    This reply has been marked as private.
    LSX
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Got a feeling this may somehow be plugin related. Can you try disabling all plugins and seeing if the comments are goes?

I would do this, but don’t want to without your permission.

– Ed

LSX

Yes after disabling Facebook WPress Plugins for WordPress the problem went away.
    Thanks for your help

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Glad you found the issue!

– Ed

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register