New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Clique Comments on the Portfolio pages

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Posted in: Clique
    montis

I managed to get comments section working on portfolio pages after reading the help you gave to someone else over at ThemeForest.

The problem now being, is that the comments only show on a portfolio page if you go directly to that page or preview it.

If you load up the portfolio gallery and click on any portfolio piece, the comments do not show.

I was wondering if there was anyway to get the comments to work on portfolio pages no matter how you manage to view the portfolio piece?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

montis

Well, comments or disqus, preferably disqus ๐Ÿ˜›

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

The portfolio items are loaded in via AJAX, hence why the don’t work when loaded in. I’ve had a look around but can’t seem to find a solution for this, other than stopping the AJAX functionality.

– Ed

montis

Yeah, had a look into as well, and couldn’t find anything either ๐Ÿ™ had to take what you suggested to another user and changed to the following section so they are just normal pages.
    $j(‘.view-link’).on(‘click’, function(e) {
    return e;
    });
    Question now being, how would I implement an X button or back button in the top right hand corner like on the ajax functional portfolio pages, so then the user can go back a page in the history so they go back to the main site?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

You can find the ajax-close button in the footer.php file. You’d need to make sure that’s shown on portfolio single pages, then add a JavaScript function on it to go back. Something like this – http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3588315/how-to-check-if-the-user-can-go-back-in-browser-history-or-not

– Ed

montis

You Sir, are fantastic!

After a day or so of being an idiot (who would have guessed that having display:none; in the ajax-close class would display nothing at all :P) and having to figure out how to get the “‘portfolio’ == get_post_type()”. I have finally managed to get a home button on the portfolio pages!

Again, thanks for your patience and your answers!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

You’re more than welcome, glad I could help ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register