New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Color Customizer doesn't work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    chineprincess

Hi,
    I have the same problem with color customization by the customize editor of WordPress as Robyn39 has. This problem appears when WordPress is upgraded till the version 3.7.1. All the changes you try to do can’t be saved, theme works only with default settings. It would be nice if you help to fix this as soon as possible, because it’s the only easy way to customize colors in your theme…
    Best,
    Olga
    P.S. I’m in the process of moving test version of site from old place to the new one. You can see as it was customized with WordPress 3.6.1: http://test9.adlifestudio.ru/
    and now I’m unable to customize it the same way with WordPress 3.7.1: http://loginoftrans.ru/

chineprincess

No, I was wrong it’s not a problem of releases. It’s something else. Couldn’t find the reason… Please, help me…

Cosmin – SUPPORT

Hi Olga,

Please privately reply with your WP admin login, and I’ll have a look at what’s wrong on the admin side.

Regards,

————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin – Support

chineprincess
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Cosmin – SUPPORT

Checked the site and can’t see anything wrong with it. Ed, can you please take a look?

Regards,
    ————————————————————————————————————

Cosmin – Support

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

I’ve tested the cutomizer here on WP 3.7.1 and it’s working fine. I can only assume this could be something to do with your local setup.

I can only assume it would be plugin related. I guess you can’t test if you’ve manually coded the colours.

– Ed

chineprincess

Ed, that’s really wonderful that you’ve tested customizer on WP 3.7.1. I did it myself as well as I wrote before. The problem is that in this concrete case customizer didn’t work neither with old nor with new versions of WordPress. No plugins were installed before the theme, and the only installed plugins are those that you include in the package of distribution.
    Before changing the code manually I’ve checked all, including few installation of WordPress from zero.

Melanie – SUPPORT

So when you say it didn’t work, does it work now?

chineprincess

No, it doesn’t work now))) instead of using the easy way of customization I need to change all manually.
    It doesn’t work with rev. slider as well and it doesn’t work with customizer. I choose another slider and don’t use customizer at all, fortunately there will be no need to change colors often. At this particular moment there were no other problems, but I haven’t finish building the whole structure of site, so probably something new will appear.
    Guys, that’s really funny how you support me telling the obvious reasons which I’ve already checked between my first and second posts in this tread… but, anyway, thank you. It’s good to know that I’m struggling not alone)))

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

I understand, but it’s very hard to find an issue when it’s not appearing for us here, and seems to be completely random.

If you can provide a setup installation where we can replicate the issue, then I’ll be happy to investigate further for you.

– Ed

Dutchie

Hi there,

I’m having a similar problem. Running my site locally on MAMP (Pro). I increased PHP Memory limit to 96M and it also shows like that in the system status report.

However sadly no changes made in the color customizer are saved…

Only plugins activated are the ones that came bundled with the Theme. Except for the Prev and Next Taxonomy plugin as it gave an error installing (invalid URL).

Any idea’s as to how to fix this?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Dutchie,

Do you get any errors in the browser console when loading the customiser / pressing save?

– Ed

Dutchie

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the quick reply. Things just got stranger. When I save the settings in the customizer it now saves the settings, but they don’t show in the actual page (after a refresh).

Perhaps something to do with the fact that I’m using the child theme and it saves to the original or something like that? No errors pop up in the console in Chrome…

Dutchie

Hi Ed,

Me again. Ok so I updated to 1.66. I changed the CSS in the Child Theme from version 1.0 to 1.66.

I activated the ‘mother’ theme. Adjusted some stuff in customizer and it worked. Changed back to default settings. Reactivated child theme and now everything works like a charm.

Beats me…

Dutchie

Perhaps it broke because it loaded a 1.0 version of the css because the Child theme was defined as 1.0?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register