New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Clash between Pinpoint tabbed pages and Toc+ plugin

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    rogerwatson38

One of the features which attracted me to Pinpoint was support for tabbed pages, which I assumed would function in a similar way to sub-pages. However, I find that the excellent plug-in TOC+ doesn’t seem to work with tabbed pages. It treats all tabbed pages as part of the one page and produces a contents list for all the tabbed pages together but then clicking on a contents heading doesn’t take you to the bookmarked section.
    TOC+ works OK with sub=pages, producing sub-page contents lists and jumping to bookmarked sections OK.
    Couldn’t your tabbed pages be set up in a similar way to sub-pages i.e. as separate entities so TOC+ will work with them?
    regards, Roger

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please provide me specific page url with issue and attach marked screenshots to explain your issues exactly.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

rogerwatson38

Thanks, Mohammad, the page which shows the problem is:
    http://www.longmanlives.co.uk/publications/
    the first two tabbed pages have short works which don’t need contents, the third tabbed page has a longer work which does need a contents (see Snap … 02.png)
    However, when I put [toc] at an appropriate place on that tabbed page it produces a Contents list for all 3 tabbed pages but clicking on the the list items doesn’t take you to the bookmark.

I have also tried creating part of a manual contents list just below, where again clicking the list item doesn’t take you to the bookmark. (see Snap … 03.png)

If I put the Latterday memories text on a sub page the Contents works fine. (see snap … 05)

What can be done? I much prefer the tabbed layout but I need a contents for the longer texts (there will be at least three more)

Roger

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @rogerwatson38

Definitely wouldn’t recommend it within tabs, due to the way that Toc+ plugin uses hashtag links and updating the URL. For example, if a user was to copy the URL with a hashtag link to one of the book sections, and send it to someone, then it wouldn’t load that tab by default and scroll to the correct section, so the link would be wasted.

– Ed

rogerwatson38

Even if I de-activate the Toc+ plugin there is still a problem with the tabbed pages in creating contents lists by hand.

For instance, on the sub page, where I have a version of Latter-day memories, I have inserted a Contents with a first link 1. Below the stairs at the Row 1935–1939 and a bookmark <h3 id=”below_stairs”>1. Below the stairs at the Row 1935–1939</h3>, which works OK.

I have put the identical arrangement on the tabbed page for Latter-day memories, <h3>Contents</h3>
    1. Below the stairs at the Row 1935–1939 with the bookmark <h3 id=”below_stairs”>1. Below the stairs at the Row 1935–1939</h3> but this doesn’t work. Why? Roger

David Martin – Support

Hi,

This would not work on a tabbed section because the logic would look for another tab called #below_stairs. Currently the functionality does not exist for this to work within a tab element.

Thanks,
    David.

rogerwatson38

that’s a real shame and undermines the functionality of the tabbed pages. Now I see that a tabbed section has an address in the format Publications/#tab-latter-day-memories so couldn’t you make it possible to refer to bookmarks within that tabbed section, as Publications/#tab-latter-day-memories/#below_stairs?
    This would then match the sub-page format of Publications/latter-day-memories/#below_stairs.
    regards, Roger

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Unfortunately it’s not possible since the format you posted is not allowed, only the last part of the url can use an hastag.

-Rui

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register