New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Child Theme issues w/ Swift Framework

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    WMTD

Hi,

Started using your theme recently. Love it so far..

Got a question however:

I’m using the Child Theme. Works fine for functions.php, style.css, overriding WooCommerce files from the main theme also works..
    However: I wanna make some changes to sf-woocommerce.php (change the description around, remove some accordion tabs).. but when I upload that file in the right folder in the child theme, it’s not overriding the main theme’s file.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Please let me know. I’d rather not start messing with the main theme’s files.. Being that there are regular updates to your theme (which is great of course 😉 ) …

Using WP 3.8.1 btw.

Thanks in advance.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Currently it’s not possible to work that way. In v1.6, I’m changing all the functions to be overwriteable, so that you can copy the function to functions.php and it will override just that function.

For now you’d be best to edit the main file. If you keep a backup, you can copy over the functions once I get the update out.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

ktheory

Hey all,
    Did this feature ever get fleshed out? I love the idea of some minor modifications to SF functions via child themes!

Can you confirm whether or not this was a whole Swift Framework update? Like, can I do this yet in Dante or Flexform?

Thanks!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I will forward this one to the development team.
    Thanks

-Rui

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register