New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Uplift Child Theme doesn't work

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years by izemach.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Uplift
    christian_j

Hi, the ready to use child theme that you provide with your download package doesn’t work and don’t know why.
    I’ve just installed a brand new child theme with a plugin called “Child theme configurator” and it works.

Basically I don’t want to lose any features by creating a brand new child theme.
    Any suggestion?

Thanx.

David Martin – Support

What do you exactly mean it does not work?

Simply upload and active, you will see no difference when it’s activated until you make changes to it.

christian_j

Hey David,
    thank you for your quick response.

I mean that when I tried to customize the style.css of your child theme, I didn’t see any changes on the website.

However now it works with the new child theme. Just want to know if in this way I will lose some basic features of the main theme…

David Martin – Support

You won’t loose anything from the main theme, only if you specifically overwrite functions and template files will it change.

Thanks.

izemach

Hi,

I am running to a similar problem: I installed the uplift child theme, and made some minor change to the file sf-post-detail.php (located originally at: themes/uplift/swift-framework/content). I only changed the text of ‘Related articles’ (line 647 in the php code). But nothing changes… when I change it in the parent theme directory it works.

The theme version is 1.3.76

Can you advise on that please?
    Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register