New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Caption bar in product detail page not showing

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    latenightdrive

Hello,

I am admittedly a complete n00b when it comes to php & js, so please bear with me here. I am unable to get the captions on the product detail page to show. What I need is to have them show on a bar either on top of the main lightbox image (along the bottom), or underneath that, above the thumbnails. And I need it to change based on which thumbnail is loaded in the lightbox. As an example, please see: http://dev.eroicaenterprises.com/dev1/product/alana/.

The only time the captions work as needed is when I insert the “echo ($image_caption);” code into the product-image.php file, but that makes them appear as plain text above the product description side. But they do change as I click on the different images, which is what I need. But as soon as I try to move it anywhere else, it stops working again. Is this something you could possibly help me with?

Thank you in advance!

-Lianne

David Martin – Support

Hi,

This is already possible as standard, you add your caption to the media inputs:

Result:

latenightdrive

Hello,

I have already added captions to the images for that product, but they still won’t show. Is there something I am missing?

Thank you

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Your parent theme is out of date, could you please update that: http://dev.eroicaenterprises.com/dev2/wp-admin/themes.php.

Please also disable your child theme, you are overriding a majority of the WooCommerce template files from the parent theme. – This will need removing or updating.

Thanks.

latenightdrive

Hello,

My theme is up-to-date. I am running version Version: 3.4.62. And I have disabled the child theme, but the captions are still not showing.

David Martin – Support

Please add this to Theme Options => Custom CSS:

.woocommerce-product-gallery__image.flex-active-slide {
        position: relative;
    }
    latenightdrive

That did it! Thank you!

David Martin – Support

Great, glad to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register