New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Can't translate product description with WPML

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    koen

Hi I can’t find a way to translate the product description of a product with the WPML plug-in installed. The WPML for Woocommerce does allow me to translate attributes and the title of the product but not the description and the short description. Hope you can help out. I’m using the latest versions of the following plugins: WPML plugin, WPML Media plugin, WPML Translation Management plugin, WPML String Translation plugin, WooCommerce and the Dante theme.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

As far as I’m aware, the way you translate the product description is by duplicating the product for each language? Have you checked the full guide here? http://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#4

– Ed

mindofmedia

Hello,

I have the same problem as Koen.
    I think he means that you can’t translate the product description that is in the product meta box (there is also a product description box (so that the description is located near the add to cart button).

When we put the product description in the normal text editor in wordpress then we can translate the description with wpml.

So I think it is best that you build in a solution that you can choose where the content of the description is (in the original wordpress area or in the product meta box).
    Duplicate a product is not a solution because you can’t directly edit the translated. However you can change that in the settings that you can edit the product translation in wordpress itself but when you click update I won’t actually update the translation.

koen

Hi Mindofmedia,

I’ve found the solution. If you go to “edit a product” you can set for every product attribute if it should be translated or not. So for the Dante theme you have to set the attributes sf_product_short_description and sf_product_description from “do nothing” to “translate” in the edit product screen.
    You can now translate the product description in Woocommerce Multilingual->products

Hope this works for you as well.

Regards, Koen

mindofmedia

Hello,

Sorry, didn’t know I was posting a reply in the dante theme. I use the neighborhood theme.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

No worries!

Thanks for posting your solution @koen ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

mindofmedia

Hello,

Do you also have a solutions for the neighborhood theme? Because I don’t see the attributes sf_product_short_description and sf_product_description there.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Neighborhood uses the content from the main editor, or the product description meta box if you have added content in there:

$product_description = get_post_meta($post->ID, 'sf_product_description', true);

– Ed

eccesso

Hey!
    All users of the WPML_plugin must use “Product translation interface” to edit item descriptions, etc.
    Go to admin WooCommerce Multilingual/General Settings/Choose “Go to the native WooCommerce product editing screen”.
    This feature or preference allows you to manually edit almost any content on site anywhere!
    Besides users get full access to all editing_features and may edit different content i the same files/posts/whatever…!
    See jpg.attachment where to find!

Best regards _eccesso

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks @eccesso ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

eccesso

My pleasure!

Mohammad – SUPPORT

I appreciate this Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register