New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Supreme Can users add comments to the images in my portfolio?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Posted in: Supreme
    Rob222

Hi there,

I did what you asked but I still don’t have the ability to post comments on my portfolio items?

Rob222

First off It does work. And I hugely appreciate what you have done for me so many thanks.

1/ One problem though this means I need to go through every single portfolio item I’ve uploaded already and activate the comment box. Could take a while. Is there a way that this feature could be applied to the admin settings so that activating comments can be done at the touch of one button instead of having to go through every single portfolio item?

2/ Any chance the social sharing icons could be moved above the comments box? It makes more sense to me to have the sharing icons before the comments box otherwise you might have like a 1000 comments made and if a user wishes to share the image with social media, the user or myself will have to scroll through a 1000 comments before being able to do so.

Sorry for nit-picking but I feel the above changes would greatly enhance my website and others.

Rob222

Sorry forgot two more things…

3/ Is there a widget to allow recent portfolio item comments to be seen within a sidebar? This would be really handy to have so that users can see that pictures have comments attached to them.

4/ What about a subscribe button so that users can subscribe to portfolio items and whenever a picture receives a comment, that subscriber would receive an email stating that a new comment had been made?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

1/2) Edit the single-portfolio.php file, and replace it with the code from here: http://pastie.org/pastes/9454678/text?key=lvedpniwjaxepu5rizdtug

3) Only the recent comments widget, but I think this shows post comments too.

4) I don’t think this is possible, but you could check for a plugin – there may be one out there.

– Ed

Rob222

Hi there in response to no. 1/2,

The social sharing icons have been moved. So thank you. Much much better. In regards to activating comments on portfolio items from a single button instead of having to go through my entire portfolio library one at a time to activate or deactivate comments – Has this been changed as well? I don’t see any changes in this area.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

You can do it to several portfolio items at the same time.

Go the Portfolio list page and check all the Portfolios, them make a bulk edit and choose the option “Allow” in the comments dropdown

Check here this image
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/g1pebykj8eohlvy/portfolio_comments.png

Let us know if you any doubt.

-Rui

Rob222

Cheers. Thanks a lot.

Rob222

Hi there,

Within that bulk edit area, I only see a comments page. What about if I want to tick the box for all images for ‘Trackbacks and pingbacks’?

Rob222

Using that bulk edit feature within my portfolio items gallery can I ADD tags to all images within a certain category(s) so that I don’t need to add tags to every uploaded image, this will be done for me automatically?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Yes you can add the tags in the ‘tags’ box

– Kyle

Rob222

Hello there,

For some reason I am unable to complete that action any more. I cannot perform a bulk edit. Need help.

Rob222

Disregard my last message. Its working.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Ok great

creativelpha

Hey guys,

I’m trying to achieve the same thing here and add comments to the portfolio post. Would be great to get the zip file or instructions on how to do this?

From what I’ve read here in the support forums and on the themeforest comments site, it seems like a popular request – it would be great if you could include this in the next update.

Theme: Neighborhood v2.18

Much appreciated.

Kyle – SUPPORT
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register