New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante bypostauthor in recent comments widget

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    pdupree

in recent comments widget, i’d like to not display comments “bypostauthor”

Could the widget pick up the li classes comment-author and bypostauthor?

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

You mean you don’t want to display the author name of the comment? For example in the footer you have that widget “Recent Comments”, you don’t wanna display ” James Walker 2 months ago”?

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

pdupree

I don’t want the recent comments widget to display any comments made by the post author.

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

You need to edit this file \swift-framework\widgets\widget-comments.php in line #33 onwards they for a $args array, in that you need to give the “post_author__not_in” array of author ID’s you want to exclude the comments. For more refer this official codex page: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_comments

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

pdupree

It doesn’t replace “not_in” comments with new ones. Number in widget 3, 2 were by post author, only left 1.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

@pdupree

Laranz provide you information about where to start this modification but it’s something that is outside the scope of our support since it doens’t work like that as default.

Can you explain better your last reply. Couldn’t understand what you mean?

-Rui

pdupree

I want the widget to list 3 comments.
    When I use “post_author__not_in” it does delete the comments of the post author, but it doesn’t replace those comments with new ones not by the post author.

laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

If you provide not_in parameter means, it will exclude those authors, so make sure you give correct author ID array. I see only 11 comments in your site, so all the other 10 is from the post author, I doubt.

Like @Rui said, it is out of support scope too. I suggest you to go through this set of query parameters, http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_comments to get what you want.

Let us know,

Thanks,
    laranz.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register