Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Ability
    staunch

I have two questions in regards to the Blog Page:

1. How can I disable the Post Title Link so that the user cannot click on the title and be taken to the main Blog Entry? I would like them to only see the excerpt on the main page.

2. How can I remove the Comments counter located under the Blog excerpt?

Thanks.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi!

This sure is possible, but I’m afraid it’s not built into the theme and would have to be modified especially for you. We’d love to help you with this customization but we are only able to provide support for basic theme issues and bug fixes. We do provide support for small customizations but unfortunately this request is beyond that. Please see our general policy and guidelines for more info. You could also hire a developer to help you with your customizations.

Thank you for understanding!
    Cheers!

staunch

Thanks for your reply. I understand that this request is beyond the scope of issues that you handle on this forum, but I think that it would be good to add these features to the next update. The reason being is that I’d like to use the BLOG template as a “News” section, and add periodic entries to update people about recent things that I’ve been doing without taking them away from the main page. Thanks again.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

You can use the following custom css to hide the comments, just add to the custom css box within theme options. Haven’t had anyone else ask for no links on the blog page, but will keep this in mind.

.blog-items .meta span {
    display: none;
    }
    .blog-items .meta span:first-child {
    display: block;
    }

Hope that helps.

– Ed

staunch

Perfect!! Thanks, Ed. That did the trick.

I also have a work around in place for my first question, but I’ll keep an eye out for any future updates.

Thanks again!!

Melanie – SUPPORT

Great 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register