New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Blog Not Keeping Format Changes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    slui

Hi,

I’ve run into a serious issue with the blog not maintaining the format from the back end editor. More specifically, when I create lists the formatting of the list such as the indentation is not maintained. This is a serious problem.

I’ve tried using the Swift Builder way and just simply enter the information through the WordPress editor without Swift Builder. Both yield the same results.

See images for results. Your immediate attention to this is important as we are about to go live and didn’t expect this to happen at all.

Thanks.

sl

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

It will be overwritten with css. You will need to add custom css to get the indenting tht you want

– Kyle

slui

Hi Kyle,

That really doesn’t make sense to me. Why would Dante override such a basic function as simple formatting in a blog? Are you saying to me that no formatting is allowed in a blog post?

Thanks.

sl

Kyle – SUPPORT

No I’m not saying that, ok start again, how have you added the indenting to the list?

– Kyle

slui

Sure.

So when I create a numbered list using the < ol > tag followed by < li > tag it shows up nicely in the WYSIWYG editor. When I publish the post, the indenting that comes with using the < ol > or < ul > tag is gone. The numbers remain but the indenting is no longer there.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Yes but that’s just the wordpress editor, that doesn’t mean that it looks exactly like that on the front end. If you provide me with the link to the page I will provide you with some custom css to add the space back in

– Kyle

slui

Really. That is something new for me as I’ve been able to do this with other themes. Maybe this is something different with latest version of WP or I am missing some steps. I’ll send you a link to the backend in the next private reply.

slui
    This reply has been marked as private.
    slui

Thanks Kyle.

You can go to the posts section and look at the denied post as that has bulleted points.

Why is it that customized CSS is required for bulleted lists? I know that in the standard twenty twelve theme you can created bulleted lists with the proper formatting without the need for customized CSS.

Thanks.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Please check that login as it’s not working for me

And because we may have in our css to have 0 margin to the left of lists, where as the twentytwelve theme might have the margin for the lists

– Kyle

slui

Sorry…please try again…there was an issue.

Please also provide me instructions so that I know where to make my own changes down the road.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Login still not working an I only have 1 attempt remaining..

slui
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Kyle – SUPPORT

Thanks that worked

Go to Theme Options > Custom CSS and paste this:

ol {
      margin: 0 0 20px 30px;
    }

– Kyle

slui

Hi,

This worked nicely. Thanks. I’ll have to keep this in mind in the future. I did not expect that the formatting would be completely stripped. I thought it would have come pre-canned or something.

sl

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register