New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Blog formatting issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Krypton

Hey there,

I just started getting my blog setup using Dante and ran into some odd issues that I don’t know how to solve.

1. There is a comment section at the bottom of my blog timeline, why is this here and how do I remove it? I can’t find anything in the options for it.
    2. There is a little tail sticking out the bottom of my first blog post. It’s the first post, it doesn’t link to anything below it. This is not on the demo site (neither is the comment section).
    3. The blog posts don’t seem to be generating excerpts. Show item excerpt is turned on in the blog options and length is set to 20.

I’ve attached an image highlighting these issues.

Thanks!
    Jason

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

1) If you quick edit the page, it will allow you to turn off comments for that page.

2) Can you provide a link so that I can check out your site?

3) What do you have set for the blog post content? Is it page builder content? If so, you’ll need to add a custom excerpt in the post meta options.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

Krypton

Hey,

1) Awesome, quick editing worked. A little odd that you need to quick edit the page just to access one option.

2) http://www.ngc56.com/

3) OK, I can add custom excerpts. It is page builder content. The text below the excerpt box makes it sound like it will automatically generate one if you don’t: “You can optionally write a custom excerpt here to display instead of the excerpt that is automatically generated.”

Thanks!
    Jason

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Jason,

1) You can disable it within the post, but it takes longer!

2) Add the following custom css to fix it:

.timeline {
    height: 94%;
    }

3) Ahh, I can see the confusion – will add some more text explaining it!

Thanks,

– Ed

Krypton

Cool, thanks for the help!

Melanie – SUPPORT

Great 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register