New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Blog aux options| Remove RSS and Archives

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Breechay

Hey Swift team,

1. Can I get some assistance in removing the RSS and Archive option from the Blog aux options?
    2. Lastly, I would also appreciate assistance in putting the tags option on the other side of the search bar.

This may be beyond theme support, but any help will be appreciated.

Thank

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

open up sf-blog.php in the includes folder and go to line 186 cut and paste the code for tags below the code for the search box, like below:

// CATEGORIES
    			$blog_aux_output .= '<li><a href="#" class="blog-slideout-trigger" data-aux="categories"><i class="ss-index"></i>'.__("Categories", "swiftframework").'</a>';

// SEARCH FORM
    			$blog_aux_output .= '<li class="search"><form method="get" class="search-form" action="'. home_url().'/">';
    			$blog_aux_output .= '<input type="text" placeholder="'. __("Search", "swiftframework") .'" name="s" />';
    			$blog_aux_output .= '</form></li>';

// TAGS
    			$blog_aux_output .= '<li><a href="#" class="blog-slideout-trigger" data-aux="tags"><i class="ss-tag"></i>'.__("Tags", "swiftframework").'</a>';

// ARCHIVES
    			$blog_aux_output .= '<li><a href="#" class="blog-slideout-trigger" data-aux="archives"><i class="ss-storagebox"></i>'.__("Archives", "swiftframework").'</a>';

// RSS LINK
    			if ($rss_feed_url != "") {
    			$blog_aux_output .= '<li><a href="'.$rss_feed_url.'" class="rss-link" target="_blank"><i class="fa-rss"></i>'.__("RSS", "swiftframework").'</a>';
    			}

Then add this custom css:

.blog-aux-options > li:nth-child(4), .blog-aux-options > li:nth-child(5) {
      display: none;
    }
    .blog-aux-options > li:nth-child(3) a {
      border-radius: 0 4px 4px 0;
    }

Hope this helps

– Kyle

Breechay

That worked brilliantly, thanks Kyle!

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem 🙂

– Kyle

Breechay

I’m not well versed on the subject but could this code modification be the reason for my site being CPU throttled?

I got this message from Bluehost:
    The basic summary, is that some part of your site is either broken, or poorly coded, and was hogging resources on the server. In order to provide the best quality service to as many customers as possible, your account has been temporarily restricted to a single core.
    These sorts of problems do not typically resolve themselves, and require attention from an experienced developer.

Kyle – SUPPORT

No the code I gave you will definitely not be the issue.

– Kyle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register