New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood Attributes URLs + Description

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    MarcusF

Hi

Using Neighborhood theme and user of the product attributes (brand, sizes, colors etc)

A specific keyword for us is “Red X” and I want to target this keyword using my attribute page.

Is it possible for me to change the url so it isn’t /pa_color/X and instead /color/X

+

Is it possible for me to add the attribute description to the page, just like I’m adding term description for category pages?

Let me know if you need more info

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m not 100% sure, but I guess that’s not possible because the pa means product attribute and it’s part of the fields name in the database.

Try to post that question in Woocommerce support, they are in better position to answer it.

-Rui

MarcusF

Well before one of your updates the URL of the product attribute was correct. My url for brand was /brand/X and now it’s /pa_brand/X

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Guess you also updated Woocommerce. In that case check your permalinks format probably they are in the default option.

-Rui

MarcusF

Yeah it did.

Now I can change it.. But only to /attribute-name/attribute

That’s stupid. Ruining my URLs as I can’t have it directly go to the attribuet like

/brand/X

Now it’s like

/attribute/brand/X

So stupid..

How would you recommend me to create landingpages for such keywords as “Red X”? Using them as category and hiding in menu with css?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Can you provide me admin access to check your permalinks settings?

-Rui

MarcusF
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Apologize for the delay. The only way that I figured out of not showing the pa before the attribute is by filling the “Product attribute base” option in the Permalinks.

This one in the screenshot.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ykqhu5th9utp30l/product_attribute_base.png?dl=0

Try to place some value to see the result.

-Rui

MarcusF

Sorry for no answer

I found another solution by using categories instead for more optimal solution in terms of SEO.

Now I have an issue.

WooCommerce category widget shows my productcategories of course, and this causes my categories that I otherwise wouldn’t show in that sidebar to show.

Right now I’m using css display:none to remove them from the customers, but that doesn’t quite solve it.

Is it possible to remove the categories from WooCOmmerce category sidebar with php in editor?

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please contact at woocommerce support https://support.woothemes.com about this issue.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register