New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood assign different sliders

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    DAPPER-tekstenweb

Hi,

On my webshop, http://galerietje.emeticus.nl/, I’m using a slider on the shop page: http://galerietje.emeticus.nl/shop/.

In the menu on the left, I’m showing collections (product categories) based on artist. E.g.:http://galerietje.emeticus.nl/product-categorie/martijn-van-der-linden/. This page also has the slider.

Is it possible to assign a different slider to the pages with the artists collections?

Regards,
    Daphne

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

What method did you use to add the slider the the category page?

– Kyle

DAPPER-tekstenweb

Hi Kyle,

I did not assign it to a category page yet, just to the shop page and that same slider is shown on the (sort of underlying?) category pages.

That is my question in fact: is it possible to show another slider than the one from the shop page on another WooCommerce page, e.g. a category page made by the category ‘artist’?

Kyle – SUPPORT

I’m afraid not, category pages are automatically created and are archive pages, therefore you can not edit them in anyway using an editor.

The slider is probably showing on that page if you have it set in the page slider options for your shop. However if you add the slider to the page builder instead it should only show it on the shop page

– Kyle

DAPPER-tekstenweb

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your quick and clear responses.

I like that the slider is showing on those pages, so that’s OK ๐Ÿ™‚

Last question:
    I understand that category pages are automatically created and I can not edit these with the editor, e.g. assign a specific slider. But, is it possible to alter the code and assign a slider to each one of the artists pages? If yes, what alterations would I be looking for?

Regards,

Daphne

Kyle – SUPPORT

Artist pages are category pages, correct? Therefore I’m afraid not, you could edit the category page on a whole, but it would be the same for all categories as it uses the same file

– Kyle

DAPPER-tekstenweb

Yep, correct. So not even a skilled programmer can do this, even though every category page has an unique url?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

Yes a freelance developer may know how to do this by adding code such as, if the category is this, then show this slider. However that is beyond the scope of support that we can offer as it is more than a basic customisation

– Kyle

DAPPER-tekstenweb

Ok, I have a developer that can help me out, so I can tell him this? And this customization must be put in the child theme then, if I am not mistaken?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

If it is possible yes

– Kyle

DAPPER-tekstenweb

Ok, thanks so much!

Kyle – SUPPORT

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

– Kyle

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register