New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Aspect Ratio – Cardinal Portfolio Images

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    andrewbcc

Hey Guys,

Firstly I love Cardinal very much thanks for creating something so marvellous. I’m running my theme at a width of 1920 as I’m a photographer and need crisp sharp images. However my portfolio images appear blurry after 1140 which is the themes standard size.

Here’s my workaround checklist before I got in touch just in case it was something on my end.
    • I’ve tried ‘regenerate thumbnails’ however images still appear blurry.
    • The shots have been uploaded as compressed jpgs yet the compressed files are pixel perfect with no jpg artefacts.
    • I’m aware WordPress has it’s own image settings and I’ve set these above 1920 x 1080 to cover for this on the large size.
    • My thoughts are that it could be the themes aspect ratio’s restricting the resolution.

The pages which provide a good comparison are available at the following links:
    http://andrewmaccoll.com < which appears crisp
    http://andrewmaccoll.com/portfolio/future/ < which appears blurry as with all other horizontal portfolio images.

Side note. On a retina screen this does not occur. I have a 12″ Macbook Retina. It’s on the 27″ iMac that I have the issue.

Finally I have one more short request and my site is complete. The space on the top and bottom of the portfolio item pages is it possible to remove this?

Thanks very much in advance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    andrewbcc
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

1) Are you able to install and activate the supplied child theme, if so, within the child theme functions.php file, please test adding this:

function disable_srcset( $sources ) {
    return false;
    }
    add_filter( ‘wp_calculate_image_srcset’, ‘disable_srcset’ );

2) To disable the empty space, please use this:

.single-portfolio article.type-portfolio figure.media-wrap {
        display: none;
    }
    andrewbcc

Hi David,

Sorry I just checked. This code has correctly removed the space at the top of the portfolio items however there’s still a gap at the bottom. If you could help that would be great!

Cheers,

Andy

David Martin – Support

Hi Andy,

I do not see any bottom gap, if you still experience this can you provide a screenshot?

Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register