New Landing How can we help? Cardinal Animated Gifs in Gallery Lightbox

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    neilswaab

Hi there,

I’m having an issue with animated Gifs in the gallery lightbox. If you click on any of the animated Gifs that are in a gallery, they redirect to their own page instead of loading in the lightbox. However, if you select a different image which loads in the lightbox and then use the right and left arrows to navigate to the animated Gif everything’s fine. Any suggestions or thoughts on why the animated Gifs aren’t working with the lightbox on my page?

Thanks,

Neil

David Martin – Support

Can you add a WP login so I can take a closer look?

– David.

neilswaab
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Yes, I can replicate that also.

I believe we are using a premium script for this, as such I cannot find much documentation to provide a quick fix for you. I’ll need to chat with Ed (lead dev) regarding this and get back to you.

Thanks,
    David.

neilswaab

Thanks, David. If it helps to pinpoint the issue, I also had the same problem with files that were saved as “.jpeg” instead of “.jpg”. So perhaps the file extension name has something to do with it (rather than the file itself).

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Currently iLightbox which we use does not support gifs in this way, we are currently looking and testing a couple of new lightbox JS scripts to help improve this going forward.

To help resolve this, consider using the Jetpack plugin with a default WP gallery and this should work.

Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register