New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Amazon Coundfront with Dante Theme?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    wizastudios
    This reply has been marked as private.
    wizastudios

Now I’m only using W3 Total Cache because your team has suggested it. Before I was using WP Super Cache & that didn’t seem to work either. The CDN is now using a custom CNAME. Are the CSS & JS files not coming into the CDN?

I’m not sure if a couple of links are consider resolving the issue.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi @wizastudios

We did advise it, but things such as caching/CDN etc aren’t standard scope of support as a lot of the time there are often issues with hosting/plugins which means it can take quite a bit of configuration – we simply wouldn’t have the time to be able to support this for everyone, which is why it’s outside the scope of support.

If you aren’t able to configure it yourself, then we would suggest hiring a freelancer to configure it for you.

– Ed

wizastudios

I have attempted to read and watch every video related to optimize the theme. There are even several posts on this support page related to the same issue.

For what it seems like, I’ll have to figure this out on my own. Thanks for the attempts.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

No problem. We try to help as much as we can, Ed already explained above the reasons.
    -Rui

wizastudios

Hey Guys

I finally got my CDN configured with Cloudfront but now I have a new issue. I’m not sure how familiar you are with AWS but I’ve tried to search high and low for a solution.

Now it appears all the Dante Icons aren’t loading into the CDN & coming up broken. I can’t tell if this is from the CSS being Minified or not.

I currently have CSS Minify off.

Also I notice images shift to the right in the mobile version.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    wizastudios

BUMP

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

The homepage looks fine to me, probably cache on your machine.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbyofbjli31zhoq/homepage_fine.png?dl=0

Regarding the image size, Add the code below to your custom css

.page-id-77 .spb_parallax_asset.parallax-stellar {
    margin-left: -20px!important;
    }

-Rui

wizastudios

I’m in NYC so by the time you saw this I may have disabled the CDN features. It does appear W3TC and Cloudfront aren’t calling in the icons. The images I sent were what I saw with everything active.

I’ve tried to disable the minify features but what I wish to do is optimize the site for Google’s Page Speed standards. According to Page Speed I have a 34/100 on mobile and 50/100 desktop.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I still can see the icons. Is it the cdn enabled? If not enable it so I can try.

-Rui

wizastudios

give it a try now

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    wizastudios
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Now I can see it. It’s trowing an “Access-Control-Allow-Origin” error.
    This only happens in Chrome, for security they don’t allow to load resources from a different url of the site.

To fix this it’s necessary to change the htaccess file to allow some file extensions to cross from one domain to another

Check the article bellow it has the necessary code to place in htaccess.

Serving Fonts from CDN

-Rui

wizastudios

does the same thing happen to Firefox? Also will I need a domain URL in the htaccess file to allow it to come through?

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

You are right, it’s also happening in Firefox they have the same security restrictions

If your server is Apache add the code below, you don’t need to specify the domain just the file extensions

<FilesMatch ".(eot|ttf|otf|woff)">
    	Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"
    </FilesMatch>

-Rui

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.