New Landing How can we help? Cardinal After Update of WordPress to 4.5.2 no more Imagery, Icons and Videos are shown

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    dermat

Dear support-team,
    after updating wordpress, the look of my website is broken, as no imagery, Background Imagery with parallax effect, videos and Icons, e.g. are shown anymore. complete contact information is missing as well.

When I am checking each site in the wordpress surface, all the informations are there, all videos, icons, effects of my website.

So I don‘t really have an ideas, whats the current problem with the look and why the browser translates only a few informations and not everything.

Can you please check and tell me, how to solve this? It‘s really urgent, as I am freelancer and this looks completely unprofessional.

Many thanks,
    dermat

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi

You need to update Cardinal to 2.5 and clear your cache

– Kyle

dermat

Hey Kyle,
    and how can i do so? As there is no button, that says: make an update or there is a newer version available.

Kyle – SUPPORT
    This reply has been marked as private.
    dermat

ok,
    but what happens with all the informations on the website, custom css, e.g. when deleting the cardinal and uploading the new version?
    or am i just renewing the cardinal and not the cardinal child theme? i have done all changes in the child theme…

Kyle – SUPPORT

Yes leave the child theme as is, just replace the parent theme

– Kyle

dermat

ok, thats good.

and now hopefully the last and probably stupiest question:
    How can i delete the parent theme? i don‘t see the possibility

many thanks

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

First you will need to switch to Twenty 16. Then click in the cardinal theme details and you will find a delete link at the bottom.

Hope it helps.

-Rui

dermat

ok,
    so, i will active Twenty 16, then i can go into details of cardinal parent theme and there a button Delete will appear.
    I will delete this parent theme, but the child theme will stay as it is, right? And then i will upload the zip file in the theme mask. Ther child theme won‘t be overwritten? last step refresh my cache.

Is that correct? And the site won‘t be broken then?! Sorry, i am just really carefull, as i am non professional.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

yes, it’s correct. You will just delete the parent theme. The child theme will be there.
    then install the latest theme zip and after that activate the child theme.

-Rui

dermat

Ok.

And is it important, that it‘s twenty 16? installed are right now twenty 15, twenty 14 and twenty 13…

Kyle – SUPPORT

Any of the default themes will do, preferably 2015

– Kyle

dermat

ok, perfect.

Only one thing, that is not correct in the visual appearance:
    the home does not show the home content. There you can now find the video content of my work, that should only be shown under “arbeitsproben”. Please check the screenshots for that

On webdev.mathiaszellin.de should only shown the full-screen imagery and my name on it. If you start scrolling down, the page turns into:”Über mich”. So why are there now video element and not the home, as it should be? How to rearrange that?

Besides i am really happy and so thankful, that you guys helped out so quickly!

Thanks,
    dermat

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Martin – Support

You need to likely set your homepage to the correct page. Dashboard => Settings => Reading => Front page displays => Front page.

Thanks.

dermat

Perfect,
    many thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register