New Landing How can we help? General Forum Help After Pinpoint and WPML Update first Thumbnail in masonry disappears

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
    elliea

After updating the WordPress, Pinpoint and WPML plugins to the latest versions, the first thumbnail image on every masonry page of the blog does not show.

All other Plugins were disabled. When WPML is also disabled, it works :-/ and all thumbnails in the masonry show.

I tried uploading the thumbnails again, it’s useless. They are still there in every post, but does not show. It also appears that after creating a new post, the new first post thumbnail in the masonry disappears together with the second one.

Two years ago I had similar issue when updating the WPML plugin, when none of the thumbnails showed in the masonry and I had to downgrade the version of the WPML Plugin to make it work. At this stage, it is not possible to keep 2-year old versions of WPML and Pinpoint to keep things working.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: http://ellieafter.com/

Any advice what in the code causes it?

Thank you,

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    It seems WPML isssue. I would suggest to contact at WPML support.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

elliea

Hi Mohammad,

When I chose Pinpoint more than 2 years ago, I chose it because you are promising 100% compatibility with WPML. WPML always suggest contacting the author of the theme that claims 100% compatability. This is the reason I bought the theme. After installing WPML and Pinpoint 2 years ago, there were a lot of issues and actually you didn’t help me then, I had to use a previous version of the WMPL to make it work.

2 years later, you should already be aware of this issue, as you solved it partially with the newest versions.

There should be anything in the blog code that I can manually change to make it work. I am using a child theme to make sure other changes are applied, please advise on what else should I change in order to solve the issue with the disappeared first thumbnail on every masonry page.

Thank you,

http://www.ellieafter.com

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    Please provide me login detail after installing the WPIDE plugin.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

elliea
    This reply has been marked as private.
    elliea
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I have resolved the issue so please check it now. Let me know your feedback.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

elliea

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you very much for taking the time and resolving the issue, I appreciate it very much 🙂

Please, let me know what should I keep in mind the next time I have to update the theme and the WPML plugin. Is there something in the code of the child theme that should be updated.

Thank you so much!

All the best,

Ellie

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I edited the blog.php file at /pinpoint/includes/page-builder/composer/lib/shortcodes/

Find this code:-
    while ( $blog_items->have_posts() ) : $blog_items->the_post();

Change to:-

$myposts = query_posts( $blog_args );
    foreach( $myposts as $post ) :
    setup_postdata($post);

And replace endwhile; with endforeach;

Thanks
    Mohammad

elliea

Hi Mohammad,

And thank you once again for all your help :-), I will keep this in mind for future updates.

All the best!

Thank you,

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    You most welcome and glad to help you.
    Thanks
    Mohammad

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register