New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Pinpoint Addining mailchimp code to footer widget area

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posted in: Pinpoint
    aam1182

I have added mail chimp forms to wordpress sites before, however in this case it is not working. Trying to add it to a footer widget area, but it is not pulling in the “subscribe” buttons. Please see attached screenshots. Thank you

http://8af.7dd.myftpupload.com/

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

The Mailchimp has a css class called “clear” that is too generic and can conflict with another “clear” class.

Add this custom code to enable the visibility of the Mailchimp submit button.

#mc-embedded-subscribe{
    visibility: initial !important;
    }

Best Regards,
    Rui

aam1182

Thank you, but when I added this code the submit button appeared, but then I was unable to actually sign up via a test.

Kyle – SUPPORT

Please could you paste in your mailchimp code here so I can check it

– Kyle

aam1182

Yes, code below.

It also does not work with your built in signup in the header (the mail symbol, see attached). Same problem. it takes me to the verification screen but never adds the email address to list. There I just entered the form action url.

<!– Begin MailChimp Signup Form –>
    <link href=”//cdn-images.mailchimp.com/embedcode/slim-081711.css” rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css”>
    <style type=”text/css”>

#mc-embedded-subscribe{
    visibility: initial !important;
    }
    /* Add your own MailChimp form style overrides in your site stylesheet or in this style block.
    We recommend moving this block and the preceding CSS link to the HEAD of your HTML file. */
    </style>
    <div id=”mc_embed_signup”>
    <form action=”http://insitemediamarketing.us3.list-manage2.com/subscribe/post?u=dddb131bada50ba1c27955a2a&id=a4586c7887&#8243; method=”post” id=”mc-embedded-subscribe-form” name=”mc-embedded-subscribe-form” class=”validate” target=”_blank” novalidate>

<input type=”email” value=”” name=”EMAIL” class=”email” id=”mce-EMAIL” placeholder=”email address” required>
    <!– real people should not fill this in and expect good things – do not remove this or risk form bot signups–>
    <div style=”position: absolute; left: -5000px;”><input type=”text” name=”b_dddb131bada50ba1c27955a2a_a4586c7887″ tabindex=”-1″ value=””></div>
    <div class=”clear”><input type=”submit” value=”Subscribe” name=”subscribe” id=”mc-embedded-subscribe” class=”button”></div>
    </form>
    </div>

<!–End mc_embed_signup–>

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

I manage to sign up without any problem, just didn’t hit the confirmation button.

Check the attached image.

please clear the cache of your browser and delete all offline content.

Best Regards,
    Rui

aam1182

I do not see your email address subscribed? I get to the same screen you sent, but the email address is not added to the list. I have cleared and deleted

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Has I said above I didn’t hit the confirmation button. But this maybe already a mailchimp issue.

Best Regards,
    Rui

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register