New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante Add an intro page above navigation

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    intothewoodx

Hi all,

I’m looking to add an intro page (or enter page) to my site which appears to sit above the navigation.

This would effectively be an image with a clickable logo which, when selected, brings up the nav bar from the bottom and the main site. I do not necessarily need users to be able to return to this original page. It could also fade into the main site – doesn’t necessarily have to scroll up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jake

Kyle – SUPPORT

Hi there,

Unfortunately that is not part of the current theme functionality, and it’s not within the scope of our support to be able to provide that functionality as it is more work than a small customisation. While we’d love to be able to support every customisation request, we simply don’t have the time. We recommend that you seek a freelance developer if you need that functionality, potentially from one of the below resources:

https://codeable.io

Home

http://www.microlancer.com

Hope that helps.

– Kyle

intothewoodx

Thanks for the quick response – thought that might be the case.

Alternatively, is there a way make a full width section un-returnable once the user has scrolled past it?

Kyle – SUPPORT

Not sure what you mean by that?

– Kyle

intothewoodx

So for example, on the Dante website http://dante.swiftideas.net, the first content block is a full width slider. Image you scroll past this until it is no longer visible, reaching the content block with three icons (powerful yet simple etc.) Is there a way of preventing the user returning to the full width slider so it acts as a kind of intro page?

Kyle – SUPPORT

I’m afraid not sorry, never seen that before. If it is possible, you would need to hire a developer to code it for you

– Kyle

intothewoodx

Ok again no worries, appreciate the help!

My final option, can you hide the nav bar on an individual page? Just the one…

Kyle – SUPPORT

Yes you can, you just need to get the page id from the body tag in your source code, then add this to your custom css:

.page-id-11387 #menu-main-menu-1 {
      display: none;
    }

– Kyle

intothewoodx

Excellent! Can i have that same code for the footer?

Kyle – SUPPORT
    .page-id-11387 footer {
      display: none;
    }

– Kyle

intothewoodx

Thanks Kyle. I’m now attempting to display a random image (each time the homepage is loaded). I’ve tried a few plugins but to no avail. Is there a way using code to do this from image id’s?

Mohammad – SUPPORT

Hi,
    I am afraid that we dont have any code as you want. Please hire developer to this type of customization. Hope you will understand.
    Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Ken

Hi @intothewoodx

I believe what you are trying to do may be accomplished with revolution slider.

In slider settings, set your slider to full screen, in general settings set shuffle to on.
    In slides you can add an number of slides each with a different image (effictively your repository)
    In timing, set the transition time to something ridiculously long like 1200000 (20 minutes)

In effect, the layer slider will serve a random image that will be on screen longer than your user.

You can add clickable buttons like “enter” to slides as well.

I’ve never actually tried this so I don’t know if it will always start on slide 1 and shuffle from there, in which case set slide 1 to plain black with shortest possible duration (a few milliseconds) and fade of your choice into new random image slide.

Hope it works, no guarantees ๐Ÿ˜€

Mohammad – SUPPORT

@Ken – Thanks for this reply.
    Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    With Best Regards
    Swift Ideas

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register