New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante A few styling questions

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    rcpinnell

Hi.

Beautiful theme.

A few questions on styling that I can’t figure out easy answers to:

1. Where can I change the sizes of images shown on both the WooCommerce single product pages and the thumbs on the homepage? Usually this is done through wp-admin dashboard/WooCommerce/Settings but that doesn’t seem to work here, and what is saved there doesn’t reflect what shows up on the site. I would also like to reduce the size of the single product image to an image 300px wide by 425px tall. This however would I suspect mean some CSS changes to one of the files as the right hand product info column would need to be widened to compensate. can this be done easily with some Custom CSS?

2. Is there a short piece of custom CSS I can add that will remove the product price from under the product thumbnails on the homepage? I don’t mind if this also removes the price from the Single Product page as well.

3. Where can I change the wording of the message that appears on rollover on the homepage products. It currently reads “add to shopping bag” but I would like to change this.

4. What size image do I need to use for the Fancy Header alt background image? An image the same size as the ones on your demo would work fine, but I’m not sure of the size.

5. How can I change the weight of the font used for the Fancy Header page title? It comes up bold automatically it seems and I can’t find anywhere to change the font and its weight.

Thanks in advance for you support

Richard

rcpinnell

oh and the site I am working on is http://cathnor.com/2014

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

1) The thumbnail images are set there, the only standard is the images will be 270px wide as standard – they can’t be of less width else they would not fit on the grid. For the height you can set what you like. In terms of the detail page, if you wish to resize the area please see: http://support.swiftideas.net/knowledgebase/resize-the-product-image-details-area/

2) Try this custom css:

.woocommerce ul.products li.product .price {
    display: none;
    }

3) You can find this in /woocommerce/loop/add-to-cart.php

4) 1800 x 500 is the recommended.

5) You can use this custom css:

.fancy-heading h1 {
    font-weight: normal;
    }

Hope that helps.

– Ed

rcpinnell

Thanks, fantastic support much appreciated

rcpinnell

Hi again

I seem to be struggling to resize the homepage product thumbnails. I have gone into the woo commerce settings via the WP dashboard and the sizes there for Product Thumbnails showed 90px by 90px. The thumbnails on the homepage are larger than this, probably the 270px square size that you mention.

I tried anyway to reset the sizes to 270px by 383px, which would work fine for me but this has had no affect on how the homepage looks. I have also then run the Regenerate Thumbnails plug-in but this has no impact either and I still have square, cropped thumbnails on my homepage. Any ideas?

rcpinnell

Just bumping this in case you didn’t notice my further query ๐Ÿ˜‰

rcpinnell

All resolved now thanks. No idea why but when I came back to the site a day later the regeneration of thumbnails had suddenly taken effect. Odd, but all correct now. Thanks

Melanie – SUPPORT

good

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

@rcpinnell – Glad you sorted your issues, apologies for the delay in my reply – just returned from holiday. Also, fyi – adding a bump will actually take your topic back in the queue, check our support policy ๐Ÿ™‚

– Ed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register