Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
    Yamaraj

1. Twitter oAuth does not work, and there are warnings and errors on the homepage. Site address and warning messages are in the next message in this thread.

2. Even after modifying the php.ini, the import wasn’t completely successful, and it left the color schema of the theme in a corrupted state. I have since recovered most of it by looking at your demo page, but it’s nowhere near perfect. Send me the latest 1.2 color schema csv please.

3. The site is slow, and installing W3 Cache results in erroneous behavior. I would like to know your configuration and how to get the best performance out of it.

4. I have a licensed font that I want to embed in the site, thus freeing me from FontDeck or Google, which should speed up things a little too. Let me know how I can bypass your theme’s font config and use my own @font-face settings, or alternatives.

5. Since I’m using SSL and have enabled https even on the homepage, one or more plugins are probably lowering the trust bar by (I’m paraphrasing Google Chrome’s words here), “allowing an attacker in transit to make modifications to the look of the site.” Solution?

Best.

Yamaraj
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Yamaraj

I could probably write an essay on the meaning of 5* support and making a customer wait in the lobby for 14+ hours, but let’s not get into semantics.

I need your default v1.2 color schema CSV and answers to my other questions.

Yamaraj

Anyone?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

1) Checked your home page, can’t see any errors anymore?

2) Attached a zip with the exported csv inside.

3) Unfortunately not much can be done if the hosting is slow, but we use Better WordPress Minify, and WPEngine hosting which includes caching.

4) You can set the font options to the standard font, and then add the css to the custom css box.

5) We can’t be responsible for 3rd party plugins in this, it’s something you’d need to choose your plugins wisely on.

– Ed

Yamaraj

Hello Ed,

1. You can’t see the warnings because I got it working. PHP 5.4.13 backend doesn’t play well with the way some of the code is written. PHP 5.3 is alright with minor tweaks.

2. Thank you. As you can see, though, I have played very closely in replicating the look-n-feel of your demo site, and in the meantime I discovered that the color-scheme import wasn’t working very well. I’ll test with the CSV in your attachment and report back.

3. I’ll move the site to a better host once it’s in the shape I want it to be. It’s merely a skunkworks testing ground for now. It’s just not fast enough, even for a SSD hosting plan.

4. Thanks. I’ll test this within a few hours.

5. It’s Revolution Slider, the plugin that comes with your theme. Load this link (http://codecanyon.net/item/slider-revolution-responsive-wordpress-plugin/discussion/2751380?page=67) and search for SSL to see the question raised by someone else, and the reply as well. Since you are distributing the licensed slider, could you please contact the developer(s) for the solution which they already have and forward it to me? I’m sure it’s entirely possible.

Thank you once again. I like this theme, and appreciate the thought-process and man-hours spent in design and development. I have two more questions, though.

1. How can I integrate Predictive Search plugin with your search box? Which leads to my question 1a. Could you offer such a feature in the next update?

2. I understand the language-selection space on your header is designed for WPML/qTranslate. Is it possible to hook it up with Google Translate instead of those two?

Yamaraj

Hello Ed,

1. Color schema CSV import isn’t working for some reason, though I can successfully save the current scheme with a name that appears in the drop down menu list. I had to change the color codes by hand.

2. I cannot seem to change the fonts the way you have described, which is the common method. Could you please elaborate more on this? I used the Font Squirrel fontface generator, uploaded the files to /neighborhood/fonts in the themes directory, pasted the custom CSS code in Theme Options with URL adjusted to consider theme root directory as base, e.g. src: url(‘fonts/myfontwhichdoesntworkt.eot’); et cetera, and even added the font-name to style.css. Halp!!

3. Please go through the point# 5 and rest of the post above. I need to rectify the security issue due to slider, and add predictive search and translation service to it.

Best,
    Y.

Yamaraj

UPDATE: I have just solved the HTTPS/SSL problem. The issues lies with the Slider Revolution plugin and the hard links to your graphic files you embed in the theme-options import files. You have to change “http” to “https” in the “wp-content/plugins/revslider/rs-plugin/css/captions.css” file, line 1. Hope it helps others, too.

Remaining problems:

1. How can I integrate Predictive Search plugin with your search box? Which leads to my question 1a. Could you offer such a feature in the next update?

2. I understand the language-selection space on your header is designed for WPML/qTranslate. Is it possible to hook it up with Google Translate instead of those two?

3. I cannot seem to change the fonts the way you have described, which is the common method. Could you please elaborate more on this? I used the Font Squirrel fontface generator, uploaded the files to /neighborhood/fonts in the themes directory, pasted the custom CSS code in Theme Options with URL adjusted to consider theme root directory as base, e.g. src: url(‘fonts/myfontwhichdoesntworkt.eot’); et cetera, and even added the font-name to style.css. Halp!!

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

1) I wouldn’t know off hand, I haven’t looked into this before. Will add it to the wishlist, but we have no plans for it as of yet.

2) Only works with WPML as standard, I wouldn’t know where to advise starting with Google translate. Do they offer integrated solutions?

3) If you’re uploading fonts, then you’d need to reference the full asbolute URL for the font files, not relative.

– Ed

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register