New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Neighborhood A few issues with Neighbourhood theme

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
    underdog

Hi There

We are having a few issues and wondering if you could assist on the following:
    The dev site that uses the Neighbourhood theme is currently at: http://comfort.underdogdigital.net

1 – When we view the individual product pages in Mavericks Google chrome version 31.0.1650.57 the suggested product images under ‘You may also like..’ display much larger, in two column wide, instead of the four column wide we are use to seeing in Firefox and Safari. I am not sure why that is happening unique to that browser, but thought I should report it.

2 – (see screen shot) We are showing our sub-products on the ‘grouped’ item pages under our product enquiry button. As it stands we do not feel it is intuitive to click on those sub-products.
    We would like to make them bold and slightly larger. I tried custom CSS .label {font-size:14px; font-weight:bold} but that did not work.

3 – The like button icon for Posts is a little heart- is there a way to make this just the word ‘like’ and to not have the heart icon? This client has an issue with “hearts” believe it or not 🙂 Ideally to solve via custom CSS or something?

4 – You have a stylesheet theme set for “YITH WooCommerce Wishlist” defined, which gives a tick and stars only. Is there some way to change those to text or as set up in “YITH WooCommerce Wishlist”? At present the theme is overriding that.

5 – Super Search – Is there any way to make this a “Smart Drop Down” (remove irrelevant options in drop down as you select some, in other drop downs)?

6 – The login for new users, is there a way to set them as “Subscriber” by default and not “Customer” as we want to manually “activate” customers with buying power. We are using a plugin called a3rev Quotes & Orders to “hide” prices and buy options unless you are at “Customer” level.

7 – Your bundled “Revolution Slider” is showing some responsive issues in the latest browsers (especially Safari 7.0) under Mavericks. The images stretch horizontally and look horrible (see screen grab). When you refresh the first image in a loop looks good, but the rest stretch still.

8 – Is there some way to set different discount structures for different clients in WordPress as a percentage so they all get their own defined discounts? This because this is a B2B web site and the client offers different discount structures to different clients.

Thanks so much
    Keren

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay in reply, quite a few questions there 🙂

1) All looks good here, is this still an issue for you?

2) The CSS is as follows:

label {font-size:14px; font-weight:bold}

3) You could try the following:

.comments-likes .love-it-wrapper a:before {
    content: "Like";
    }
    .comments-like .love-it-wrapper i {
    display: none;
    }

4) We’ve overridden this to keep in line with the themes styling. You’d need to make code changes if you wanted to change this.

5) Unfortunately not, this is something we’d like to do in the future, but would be very complex and resource intensive.

6) Wouldn’t know about this, apologies. It’s not something the theme would do, there should be a WooCommerce extension out there though!

7) Have you updated to the latest version? http://support.swiftideas.net/forums/topic/revolution-slider-latest-version-2/

8) Again, you’d need an extension for this. Apologies but haven’t seen anything like this else I’d recommend something.

Hope that helps.

– Ed

underdog

Dear Ed,

Many thanks for all the above. Most helpful. Point 7 was solved by a manual update to “Revolution Slider” – not sure why it did not update using WP plugins update? I have not yet found a suitable plugin for 6 or 8 above unfortunately.

Regarding point 3, one more thing. I have enhanced the code you suggested above so as to use a “thumbs up” icon, and to hide the actual “heart” to:

.comments-likes .love-it-wrapper a:before {
    content: “\f164”;
    font-family: FontAwesome;
    }
    .fa-heart {

However, I notice a problem, with or without this custom CSS with the theme in terms of the “love-it-wrapper”. With the change, one of the “like icons” for one of the articles in a table of 4 does not show (see screen grab), ONCE any user signs in. Note: All icons show 100% and work when a user is not signed in.

Without the custom CSS above, all hearts show, but one of them does NOTHING when you hit it, again only when a user is signed in does it stop actually working.

Your help looking at this would be great (still at: http://comfort.underdogdigital.net/). Note in the attached screen grad the space where the missing “love it icon” is missing changes between them every time you log in and out, and then affects that respective article also where there typically is a “love” icon below the article, it only shows the total of “loves”.

Melanie – SUPPORT

Hi, in order to test the issue when users are signed in, we would need to have login details please.

Thank you!

underdog
    This reply has been marked as private.
    laranz – SUPPORT

Hi,

You mean when the user is ‘logged in’ those icons didn’t show? like this http://support.swiftideas.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/One-Articles-Like-Button-MIssing.png but when I checked with the user detail you gave, it works without any problem. Can you confirm it, that this is fixed or not.

Let me know, what you got.

Thanks,
    laranz.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Marc,

Just checked this, and can replicate. It’s because once you’ve “loved it”, the HTML changes. Set your custom css to this:

.comments-likes .love-it-wrapper a:before, .comments-likes .love-it-wrapper span:before {
    content: “\f164″;
    font-family: FontAwesome;
    }
    .fa-heart {
    }

Hope that helps.

– Ed

underdog
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

No worries Marc.

Just sorted it for you 🙂

.fa-heart {
    display: inline-block!important;
    }
    .fa-heart:before {
    content: "\f164";
    }

For your reference.

– Ed

underdog

Hi Ed

Thank you for this.
    Is there any way that once they have liked it, the icon and number remain green?
    (So there is an indication of what they have already liked) At the moment it counts up as you like it but doesn’t stay green.
    And to have this happen whether they are logged in or not?

I have commented out my version of the code in the Appearance>edit CSS>CSS Stylesheet Editor to avoid confusion.

Thank you
    Marc

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Sure, add this custom css:

.loved .love-count {
    color: #07c1b6!important;
    }

– Ed

underdog

Thanks for the quick response 🙂
    It’s still not staying green once liked, here is the page: http://comfort.underdogdigital.net/
    Any idea?

Thank you

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster
    .loved .love-count, .loved i {
    color: #07c1b6!important;
    }

Can you try that?

– Ed

underdog

Hi Ed

It works ! yay. Thank you so much!

When one is logged in and goes to the home page – one item already is blue.(second item)
    When signed out that item isn’t blue.

Very odd. Do you know why this is?

Thanks again for the help

Marc

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Marc,

If you’re logged in then it saves it to your user meta, but unfortunately if you are just a normal user it only records the vote via a cookie so that you can’t love it again.

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register