New Landing How can we help? Cardinal A Couple Little Issues

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 147 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Do you have anything in the error logs? Nothing in the update could cause that as far as I’m aware.

– Ed

HiroiSekai

Hi Ed,

I actually couldn’t get to the error logs or anything, the entire foundation of WordPress crashed when I updated. Browser goes white visiting my actual page or the /wp-login.php or /wp-admin backend pages.

I temporarily fixed it by using my hosting server’s backup service. I reverted back a day to the point where the update hadn’t been installed yet, and it started working again.

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

Maybe something went wrong with the automatic update.

You can try to install it from the zip file, just rename your current directory from cardinal to cardinal_old and after that upload the zip, this way you will have there the version that works just in case.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1uvsbajed8qf0fx/AACLxwGvc2Y3YwDM7M4o0QfGa?dl=0

Here is also the latest framework version.

Swift Framework Plugin

-Rui

HiroiSekai

Hi Rui, thanks for the reply. I tried your method but still ran across troubles. For now, I’ll hold off on this current specific update and try the next one.

More importantly, I’ve been talking with my friend who I run the website with, and we want to do a huge redesign that we’ve been wanting to do for a long time. This is something that would require a good bit of CSS tweaking, element organization, and other things that I’m not sure Cardinal has built in from the get-go or not. I’m wondering if I post all of my Photoshop mockups (once I’ve completed them), would support team be able to have a look and tell me if:

1. It’s realistically possible to create through Cardinal
    2. Someone is able to support me during making some of the more complex changes to ensure stability
    3. Which of the changes are already built into Cardinal (from what I saw, there were a good number of features already implemented)

Would really appreciate the assistance on that, I’ll probably make a new topic for that once these mockups are done.

David Martin – Support

Hi,

Sure please add a zip file or link with any image references and we can advise you on your future approach.

Thanks,
    David.

HiroiSekai
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

Some of these can be done easily with the Page Builder and theme options. For small CSS requests we can indeed help you with these.

Your mockups and your request list would imply you would likely need to work with a developer to achieve the full level of customisation you require, as we cannot provide full site customisation for you.

Here is my thoughts on what you maybe able to achieve and where you will likely need a 3rd party developer.

Homepage:

Nav bar gets drop shadow on hover
    Even height slider with transition – please use page builder & swift slider.
    3 or 4 newest articles at bottom – please use page builder posts asset

About Page

Top section with image tabs on the left – advanced customisation required, likely a 3rd party dev
    Content changes when a new tab is clicked, preferably with animation
    Automatic slider at bottom – please use page builder & swift slider.

Articles Tab (Hover)

Show a featured post of choice with details, a link to the post and a share button for social media – advanced customisation required, likely a 3rd party dev
    Show all other article categories on the right side – advanced customisation required, likely a 3rd party dev

Articles Page

Cardinal “Mini” blog-like display with customized visuals – please use page builder posts asset

Single Post Page

Top banner with separate 80% width content area underneath (with box shadow). – please use page builder posts asset
    Customized audio player if possible – advanced customisation required, likely a 3rd party dev

All Reviews Page

Banners with review score and title shown – advanced customisation required, likely a 3rd party dev

Single Review Page

Accordion layout with custom images for each accordion tab. Opening a tab shows any mixture of text, audio and video material – please use page builder

Videos Tab (Hover)

– advanced customisation required, likely a 3rd party dev

Videos Page

Masonry-like layout of available videos – – please use page builder portfolio asset, add videos category and limit post output to that category
    Clicking play on a video opens a lightbox overlay for the video – advanced customisation required, likely a 3rd party dev

Projects Tab (Hover)

Projects Page

Top banner showing synopsis of project – use the standard project meta options

Search Button (Click)

Thanks,
    David.

HiroiSekai

Hi David,

Thanks for taking the time to point out each of the bullets I listed, it’s much appreciated. I’ve got a decent bit of programming under my belt, so I should be able to pull off some of the trickier bits myself with a couple short WordPress PHP tutorials and some trial and error. Already pretty much getting the search button functioning as I want it.

Just want to check something with you, I’ve got @font-face running since my mockup and site will be using a custom font. It’s strangely working perfectly on Safari desktop, but Chrome and iOS Safari are just not changing over. I haven’t tried Firefox, Opera or IE/Edge yet, but I’m wondering if you could possibly fill me in as to why it’s not registering on iOS Safari and all of Chrome? Here’s my @font-face CSS:

@font-face {
    	font-family: 'Gotham-Light';
    	src: url('GothamLight.svg') format("svg");
    	src: url('GothamLight.eot'), url('GothamLight.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), url('GothamLight.woff2') format('woff2'), url('GothamLight.woff') format('woff'), url('GothamLight.ttf') format("truetype");
    }

@font-face {
    	font-family: 'Gotham-Book';
    	src: url('GothamBook.svg') format("svg");
    	src: url('GothamBook.eot'), url('GothamBook.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), url('GothamBook.woff2') format('woff2'), url('GothamBook.woff') format('woff'), url('GothamBook.ttf') format("truetype");
    }

@font-face {
    	font-family: 'Gotham-Medium';
    	src: url('GothamMedium.svg') format("svg");
    	src: url('GothamMedium.eot'), url('GothamMedium.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), url('GothamMedium.woff2') format('woff2'), url('GothamMedium.woff') format('woff'), url('GothamMedium.ttf') format("truetype");
    }

@font-face {
    	font-family: 'Gotham-Bold';
    	src: url('GothamBold.svg') format("svg");
    	src: url('GothamBold.eot'), url('GothamBold.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), url('GothamBold.woff2') format('woff2'), url('GothamBold.woff') format('woff'), url('GothamBold.ttf') format("truetype");
    }

As mentioned, it works perfectly on my MacBook Pro, but not on my PC, iPhone or iPad. I read in an article that Chrome has this tick to its coding that prefers the svg format to come first, but even that’s not working. In fact, I think it’s slowing my Safari’s load time for the fonts by doing that.

Would appreciate the help on this, thanks.

HiroiSekai

Also, is it possible to add a Twitch social link field in the next update? 🙂

David Martin – Support

Hi,

It likely works fine on your Macbook pro as you have the font on that machine and not others.

Where have you uploaded the font files on your site? You are not referencing the correct path to the fonts here: src: url('GothamBold.svg') you need to add the path to the font location on your website.

This functionality is built with theme already, rather then pasting in custom code, try it in the theme options below:

Theme Options => Font Options => Add Font

– David.

HiroiSekai
    This reply has been marked as private.
    HiroiSekai

And if you see the homepage, there’s also an issue since my last Cardinal update where the recent posts at the bottom of the page is mashing together the author and the date together. Any idea what’s happening there?

And to my previous question, can we get a Twitch field in the Social Icons section in the next update?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Fixed that for tomorrows update.

Will see what we can do about the Twitch icon.

Thanks,

– Ed

HiroiSekai

Hey Ed,

Much appreciated as always. I’m wondering if you happened to get my email about the custom font compatibility/upload issue? I read on an earlier thread that patched code was being privately handed out.

Thanks as always,
    Thomas

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Thomas,

No fix as of yet for the custom font upload – not sure where you read that?

– Ed

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register