New Landing How can we help? Cardinal A Couple Little Issues

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 147 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    HiroiSekai

Excellent, thank you kindly. I just remembered on tiny last thing, probably very easy to fix.

This post:
    http://hiroi-sekai.com/2013/12/27/heres-to-you-readers-the-massive-wrap-up-to-2013/

This is a very long post nearly exploding with text and images. It’s understandable that it takes a long time to load. However, while it loads on desktop computers, my iPad and iPhone sit indefinitely and never render the page. Is there something I can do to remedy this? It’s a post I share with a lot of people.

Much appreciated as always!

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

Hi,

it also toked some time in my desktop browser.

Try to install a cache plugin like W3Total Cache or WP Super Cache.

Regarding the content that’s a lot of pictures, can’t you divide that page let’s say in 3 parts? Not sure if it’s possible for you.

-Rui

HiroiSekai

I do have WP Super Cache installed, are there certain settings I should be using to ensure the best results? I haven’t really played around with the custom settings yet.

If it comes down to it, I might have to split it. If possible though, I’d like it to load in one. A previous theme I used loaded it on my old Galaxy SIII phone with little issue, and it had transition animations. To see my iPad Air and iPhone 6 fail to render it makes me hopeful it’s something that can be fixed through the theme.

Thanks for the assistance as always.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Please can you confirm the link/issue on the duplicate images? Is it this one here – http://hiroi-sekai.com/2014/07/11/finally-back-the-conclusion-of-anime-expo-2014/ ?

If so, check the gallery to ensure that the images aren’t being included in the gallery, this isn’t something the theme does (it just goes on the WordPress gallery).

– Ed

HiroiSekai

Yes, that’s the correct link. They are not duplicate images however, they are extra images that are automatically added to the gallery when I publish the post , even when I haven’t added them myself.

I checked the gallery over and over, and two extra images are being added still. I even retrieved their image IDs and matched them up to the HTML, and they are not included in the code. It’s like WordPress adds them to the gallery on publish. I don’t want my top banner image and featured image added automatically to the gallery, but they keep creeping in.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Ok there should be a field to exclude images, or if you check the shortcode, you can add an “exclude” attribute, and enter the image IDs there to exclude them.

Give that a try.

– Ed

HiroiSekai

I actually noticed in my Media Library that those two extra images were somehow attached to that specific post since I uploaded it through that post page. I deleted them and uploaded them through the Media Library page, then set them to the post and they disappeared!

That solves everything up to the last issue with the large post not loading on mobile devices. Really curious since my last theme loaded this same post on my old Galaxy SIII, but now my iPad Air and iPhone 6 can’t render it.

This is the post again: http://hiroi-sekai.com/2013/12/27/heres-to-you-readers-the-massive-wrap-up-to-2013/

I would very much rather not split it at all, especially since a similarly large (but a bit shorter) post loads quickly on my mobile devices. I think something’s just up with that specific post.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster
    HiroiSekai

CloudFlare’s method when a site goes temporarily offline. If you hit the “Retry For a Live Version” button it should refresh.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Can you test it with page transitions disabled for me quickly please? It looks like the page is timing out, and thus never declaring as “ready” for the transition to kick in.

– Ed

HiroiSekai

Hi again, I turned off page transitions and while they turned off on the desktop site, the mobile versions still load using the page transitions. I don’t see an option to separately turn off the mobile page transitions either.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hmm – could this potentially be cached at cloudflare’s side?

– Ed

HiroiSekai

That may have been the case, the mobile transitions are gone now. Everything’s running well, thank you for the assistance.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Great! Happy to help.

– Ed

HiroiSekai

Hey again, I’m back!

Got a new problem with an additional question. Just updated Cardinal to the newest version, and all of my social links in my sidebar have a weird duplication effect. Quite odd looking, to say the least. Attachment included to show what’s happening in my sidebar.

Aside from that, I heard there would be a featured image resizer in the settings in more recent updates, but I don’t think I’m seeing it. As such, I’m still having to go into the php files with each update so my home page (http://hiroi-sekai.com) doesn’t have featured images that are too large and cropped. Has the update adding the resizing feature been completed? Am I just missing it?

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register