New Landing How can we help? Cardinal A Couple Little Issues

Viewing 12 posts - 136 through 147 (of 147 total)
  • Posted in: Cardinal
    David Martin – Support

Hi,

When I view this page http://hiroi-sekai.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=12861&action=edit everything loads promptly and editing content boxes is quick. Is there anything specific you do to cause a slow down?

Thanks.

HiroiSekai

Hi David,

Nothing specific done at all, the blocks just take a long time to move because it lags here and there. If you check the other post I mentioned, it’s even more noticeable.

David Martin – Support

Ok I do see the slow down on other pages.

I am not sure if there is anything I can recommend, those pages are really huge. Could you ask your host to see if they can isolate where the slowdown is occurring?

Thanks.

HiroiSekai

Hi David,

I asked my host directly and we ended up running some tests using a query plugin. The results were a bit shocking. Loading the frontend page through GTMetrix showed a load of about 7 MB on one of our largest posts, but through the backend query, it had to load over 66 MB of content in the preview.

The support team took a look and deduced that it’s likely the fact that the Swift Page Builder is loading all of the preview images in full resolution and size within the builder every time. Their suggestion was this:

“Your best option is to request your theme developers to add an option to disable the preview images in the page builder. They could approach this in multiple ways including disabling the image preview entirely, rendering a tiny version of a thumbnail instead, or showing embed shortcodes instead of the actual image. They could even add a toggle switch in their custom settings so users could choose between leaving the image preview on or off. As it is currently laid out, any post with a decent number of images of any kind could potentially see significant slowdown.”

I would love to see this utilized, or find a way to alter the settings myself in the coding. At the moment, the page load on the backend is insane from the page builder. If you’d like to have a look, I’ll keep the Query plugin running, and you can see firsthand how crazy inflated some of these posts are getting on the backend alone.

Would love your assistance on this matter, hopefully we can implement a fix for the page builder. Many thanks.

David Martin – Support

@HiroiSekai – ok that is good feedback, let me report this back to the lead developer for discussion.

Thanks.

HiroiSekai

Hi David,

I appreciate it. Looking forward to hearing back from you about the resulting discussion.

Many thanks.

David Martin – Support

No problem, I’ve passed this back. One immediate thought from the team was making more use of the SPB sections within your posts to help split the content up and speed up the posts.

Thanks.

HiroiSekai

Hi David,

Thanks again. I thought about splitting it up more and more, but I think that’s actually been more destructive than helpful in this case. Because image previews still load in each of these blocks, it actually makes moving and organizing these blocks insanely laggy since it has to re-render the preview image as the blocks get moved around.

I think the best way would be if we could have a toggle in the Theme Settings to turn off the dynamic live content preview (including images, audio player renders, youtube preview boxes, etc.) so the backend doesn’t have to load this ridiculously heavy load. It would help quite a bit as the frontend load for these posts are actually quite clean and smooth in terms of speed. Either that, or if there’s a way to at least reduce the resolution/dimensions of the preview images to something much smaller, that could reduce heavy load by a decent bit at the very least.

Would love to hear what the team decides is best for this. Many thanks again for looking into it.

David Martin – Support

No problem, let’s wait to see what Ed (Lead dev) thinks.

Thanks.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

We’ll definitely look at this for upcoming updates.

– Ed

HiroiSekai

Wow, I just received the new update, and what a change. I’m flying through posts now. Huge props and thanks for this excellent update.

David Martin – Support

Glad it’s helped you out – it’s a really good update with lot’s of improvements, some of which derived from your own feedback!

Thanks.

Viewing 12 posts - 136 through 147 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register