New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Nota 500 Error – Syntax

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Posted in: Nota
    minimalhour

Hi,

Experiencing issues after attempting to import Nota Demo content. The process stalled at 99% for 30mins after which I exited and attempted again. Although this seems to have caused an issue with the site as it only works if I have the woocommerce plugin off and then it will show a bunch of different aspects of the demos.

Ben

David Martin – Support

Hi Ben,

Please open your wp-config.php file and add this: define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Thanks,
    David

LinnightL

You will probably need to up your memory limit or disable other plugins.

The theme is heavy in plugins – if you have added more and your memory_limit is low you will have problems

I just lost a day and a half over HTTP 500 Error

I had added jetpack plugin – all was fine working off localhost on my computer – when I loaded the site up to the live VPS server and went to connect jetpack to wordpress.com account – instant HTTP 500 Error.

Initially I thought I had tracked it down to a jetpack / woocommerce booster clash. I turned woocommerce booster off and I could connect jetpack without the whole site falling over. Also – the moment I connected jetpack and the site going down – if I disconnected jetpack from my wordpress.com account – the site came back – so I thought it a jetpack problem or woocommerce booster problem.

My VPS has a lot of resources but memory_limit was (already) set to 256

I tried the wp-config.php of
    define( ‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );
    define( ‘WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘512M’ );

but that method did not work for me

More testing and shuffling of plugins – eventually realised it was a cumulative issue of plugins hitting my memory. Jetpack and booster are big so they were tipping the issue. I turned them on first – all ok – then turned on the rest one at a time until I got the http error 500 again – which was youtube-embed-plus (last on the plugin list). All off – activated Jetpack, woocommerce booster and youtube-embed-plus then connected Jetpack successfully – finally realised it was just too many plugins for the allocated memory.

I eventually tried the php.ini method to increase memory_limit to 512 and it worked – all plugins on and jetpack connected – no 500 error.

I posted full debug lists at
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/jetpack-and-intermittent-http-500-errors/

David Martin – Support

@LinnightL – thanks for the report, very helpful to others.

Marking as resolved.

f_hussain
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register