New Landing How can we help? General Feedback & Suggestions 2017 Feature Request Topic

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
    Ian

Hi Guys,

Themes I am currently using:
    Uplift, Atelier, Cardinal, Dante

Most of my suggestions are more aimed at the Swift Page Builder as opposed to how these are implemented into specific themes.

Directory:
    Directory Page
    1. Default map pin
    2. Custom field for what is display in pop-up
    3. Have listing title link to single listing page
    4. Ability to show hide featured image in pop-up
    5. Some css classes on pop-up divs to make styling easier
    6. Finer controls on what is displayed (map)(map & List)(Simple list just title & category or location)(map & simple list)
    7. Cluster markers (nice to have)

Single Directory Page
    1. Ability to style map to match main directory page
    2. Add get directions button to map pin
    3. Shortcode for get directions button that uses the longitude and latitude for the directory item
    4. Easily hide comment, sharing, etc.
    5. Add Page meta discussed later

Search
    1. Control what post types show up in search (simple implementation like what post types you can use in page builder would be great)
    2. Control the order that post type show up in search, this would be nice for overlay results like in Atelier

SPB Sections
    I love SPB sections and think they could be used to greater effect.
    1. When adding a modal button have the ability to choose an SPB section (Yes a warning that these should not be overly complex may be in order) but this would make managing modals much easier.
    2. Inject SPB Sections into layout directly without using the builder (before footer, before header, before content, after content) would make site wide marketing or notifications much simpler.

Page Builder Elements
    1. Adding a <canvas> element to rows would help with targeting HTML 5 animations etc.
    2. Blog, the post type override is great but choosing a taxonomy other than category to limit posts and filter posts would be great. (this goes for recent posts as well)
    3 Full screen video for local video

Page Meta
    My previous suggestions about being able to add and remove page meta from post types. This would make hiding unneeded items from users simpler and adding meta to custom post types simpler as well.

Page Builder User Restrictions
    Show hide and restrict page builder elements based on user level.
    1. Remove page builder elements for specific user levels
    2. Allow certain user levels to only edit page builder elements not add or remove them.
    3. Allow certain user levels to only load pre built page layouts
    This is something that DIVI has recently done and has made handing off websites to clients much easier to manage.

I apologize for the long list but I am an invested user in your themes and would like to see them continue to improve and prosper. If you would like to discuss any of these ideas further please feel free to contact me directly. 🙂

-Ian

Ian

Thought I would add this as a separate item.

I am absolutely convinced that your greatest asset is the Swift Page Builder not necessarily your individual themes. With that in mind I would suggest that you focus most of your energy on the builder and refining its implementation.

I would also suggest a tutorial on creating (new) or converting (visual composer) addons to Swift Page Builder elements. This would allow third party developers to work on more niche elements while allowing your team to concentrate on core functions.

From a marketing point of view it would not hurt to have a number of codecanyon listings that say “Built for Swift Page Builder”.

Thanks for your hard work.

-Ian

Rui Guerreiro – SUPPORT
    Keymaster

thanks Ian for all your ideas and feedback.

-Rui

JackV

Atelier:

See my old Feature Request Post Here

1. Buddypress / BBpress Styling (the current style is horrible)
    2. Caching Support / Configuration file for w3 Total cache (i have spent countless hours trying to make it right without conflicting with the swift minification scripts etc)
    3. Better CSS/JS Minification (see #2 above)
    4. Less inline CSS/Custom CSS should not load in page
    5. Gravatar/User Avatar Support in product reviews + better review styling (see screenshots)
    6. minicart / Cart styling when showing products with variations/product meta (because of your get_cart_fragments I have run into issues with this)
    7. spb-heading (widget titles) should wrap on mobiles – now it gets cut off because of no-wrap
    8. Header bottom border or shadow on mobile
    9. Cart totals (col-sm-3 cart-totals-wrap) Should have sticky behavior like sidebars (for carts with many line items)
    10. Default button styling for 3rd party plugins (right now it just shows as plain text on many 3rd party plugins
    11. Documentation for SPB Sections, Directory, & Rating options
    12. better support for breadcrumbs Yoast SEO/ NavX
    13. Sticky header/transparent header etc need more work on animations (looks horrible when transitions from transparent header to sticky)
    14. Option to add button to header (I have custom created a function which shows a “buy now” button if cart is empty & switches to “checkout if there is item/s in cart)
    15. Option to add/remove specific meta on blog pages, grids etc
    16. More/better styling on cart pages (Shipping Calculator, Shipping Methods, Card Input, Total Column width, Variation Thumbs, Cart Notifications, Cart Notification Buttons etc)
    17. Option to highlight a nav item and give it more importance over other menu items (either button or color etc)

I have had to add so much custom CSS to make the template work for me, A lot of this could have just been admin options

BryceCSD

– All themes and modules to be in 508 compliance
    – Visual / Live Editor Option (similar to Divi and Cornerstone)
    – Continue to improve Swift Slider, keep as simple as it is but do continue to add more features as such as animation.
    – Improve the blog / post set up or/and offer more features for

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Thanks for all the feedback guys, it’s definitely being taken into account.

@JackV
    – removed your css as it was taking up a lot of space. appreciate that you’d rather have options than css, but we have to draw a line somewhere to limit bloat.

– Ed

Pixellbox

1. Bring features from Atelier to Uplift, like the global banner underneath the header, etc. (I don’t think it’s to much work but would instantly make me buy Uplift because the more modern look, I am currently building with Atelier).

2. Bring the portfolio filter to WooCommerce products for Atelier and Uplift:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3miXr1Rhe2NUkdJbTBmU2Vmcnc/view?usp=sharing

3. Same as Adrenaline22 said: Possability to add elements with the Swift Page Builder on the “Shop” pagina above the product+filter element

4. A bit like Ian already said: possiblity to easily remove a lot of the blog clutter and the “no comments” mentioned everywhere:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3miXr1Rhe2NaEhYeTNpWGcxYVk/view

5. Option to use the text layout of display type from “preview slider” on the product display type of “standard”.

6. Fixed height when using “Animated header” because now the page sometimes jumps when an animated word gets to long and goes to a new line of text (and jumps back again when a shorter animated word is show).

7. If possible for Atelier and Uplift:
    7a. Option to easily add trust marks on productpage (payment icon, certificate, shipping company)
    7b. shop advantages on productpage (next day delivery, 100 day return, etc.)
    7c option to show “available, order before xx:xx, receive it next day” on productpage

8. If possible for Atelier and Uplift
    8a. fix the review system on the productpage. On for example Atelier there is an option to add a title to the review but the title won’t show when the review is posted (bug?). Maybe also add an option to hide certain review elements like the date.
    8b. Show the amount of reviews on both the productpage and shop/categorie page

Examples for 7 and 8 (does not have to be exactly like this but as inspiration):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3miXr1Rhe2NMjl2Tk1zekhueUk/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3miXr1Rhe2NX1RHd0ctU1A5UjQ/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3miXr1Rhe2NOHdMcHdtS3BpNDA/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3miXr1Rhe2NXzlUdHZ2R2NGcEk/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3miXr1Rhe2NSUNNckhoakNkN28/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3miXr1Rhe2NU3VBekVLSHVMenM/view?usp=sharing

Pixellbox

9. Has a bit of a match with 1, but add AJAX product search to Uplift.

10. Fix the diagonal line between 2 rows. Not sure if this has anything to do with my Desktop screen resolution (1440p) but it gets horizontal (stops beeing diagonal) at either the left or right (depending on settings). Bug?:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3miXr1Rhe2NM0RROFdCamdWWms/view?usp=sharing

11. A couple of bugs I found when going through the Uplift theme, but I probably did not find all of them (again maybe just my Mobile screen resolution (1440p):
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3miXr1Rhe2NaGhlZzRFS0U1dm8/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3miXr1Rhe2NSV82bkdqc2MyVUk/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3miXr1Rhe2NeWZ5R3F0RmNGcUk/view?usp=sharing

foodfreaks

Hi Swiftideas team

that’s great, thank you for your offer in updating the themes with new features.

I am still using flexform (with different user accounts on 3 websites) and I love it so much. It is a huge site now with hundreds of blog entries. Some minor things I am missing:

– is there an option to support newer version of awesome font? Because with 3.2 I am running out of new symbols and there are almost no food symbols
    – it would be great to have different background images in the full view mode. There is only the option to change background images in boxed layout
    – I love the way how the filter works for portfolio: https://foodfreaks.ch/zutaten/ Is there any possibility to support this kind of animations with blog post entries as well?
    – the widgets are a bit to wide. Would be great if there would be a configuration to make them smaller.

Would be great if you can continue to work on flexform, I am always a bit afraid that you will not support it one day because there are so many new themes of swiftideas.

Thanks and regards
    Christian

torqbolt
    This reply has been marked as private.
    David Martin – Support

@torqbolt – can you be more descriptive with exactly your request, maybe also provide annotated screenshots. Sounds like you want to include product data on your product category pages? – What data do you refer to?

torqbolt
    torqbolt
    Ian

Hope it is not to late to chime in with one more suggestion. This has to do with expanding rows.

1. Allow for the addition of a subhead under the clickable expanding row head. This would allow for a little bit of teaser text.
    2. I often use expanding sections only on mobile to shorten crazy long pages. It would be handy to have the option to make the row expanding and then be able to select the devices it would be expanding on.

Thanks

-Ian

LinnightL

Allow access to editing Mega Menu themes through their UI. I am developing in Nota.

While I am experienced with CSS it still would be a lot quicker to do it via Mega Menu / Menu Themes.

I am aware this already has been mentioned as a maybe.

Part of my decision making to choose Nota was because it had Mega Menu as one of the features. Having just developed another website with the pro version of Mega Menu I was disappointed with the limiting of this product.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register