New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante 1170px PSD vs 1140px on default page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    DepartmentM

Hello

The Grid in the Dante PSDs shows a 1170px width for content to be placed within, in the default grid layout the content width of the page is 1140px with 15px margins/paddings = 1170px. So the layout that was build with the Dante-PSD files is different from the layout i could create.

Why is there a difference? I am alittle bit curios about that fact.

Can you explain it to me?

-Sebastian

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Sebastian,

It is purely because we decided to go with Bootstrap 3, and the container width as standard is 1170px with 15px padding each side.

If this is a massive issue for you, you could alter the container width – but this may lead to other assets needing adjustments.

– Ed

DepartmentM

Thank you Ed for your quick answer. The problem ist that this may lead to differences between layout and implementation. If a customer builds a layout based on 1170px content space width(like in the .psd that comes with the theme) and you can only implement his layout with 1140px content space width, this is a problem. It makes it difficult to explain why, layout and implementation are different.

Wouldnt it be better when you change the .psd files with the correct size of the space where you can place content without problems?

-Sebastian

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

I’m intrigued to know what would be noticeably different? The theme is responsive, so it all resizes.

You are free to resize the PSD down if you like – however this isn’t something that is an issue for most customers, as in most cases it is simply a reference.

– Ed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for one of the following items
Login and Registration Log in · Register