New Landing How can we help? Themeforest Theme Support Dante 1&1 Hosting 500 Internal Server Error

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Posted in: Dante
    Ernest Alexandre

Hi ^^ when I try import demo content. gives me the following error (i have shared hosting dual advanced)

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

and in my php.ini I have written this: but dont work

memory_limit = 128M
    upload_max_filesize = 200M
    php_value post_max_size = 200M
    post_max_size = 200M
    max_execution_time = 600
    max_input_time = 600
    safe_mode = OFF
    register_globals = OFF

Any ideas to try?

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi there,

It’s likely that the process is being killed off before it can finish. You can either try pressing back on your browser when you see this message and, then continuing again until it completes, or alternatively have you tried the alt demo content xml?

– Ed

wccberg

I am getting the same issues and would really like to have the site appear at the full demo site and then work backwards from there to complete our website. I have also updated my php5.ini (as per Godaddy requirements its not php.ini) I also update my wp-config.php to display define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘128M’); to be consistent with my php5.ini file

Trying now to hit the back button as the 500 internal server error comes up, but I am going on 5 attempts now. We’ll see what happens with a little more patience or I guess it will be the alt content.

Is there another way to upload the content outside of the wordpress import tool that might work better?

Thanks,
    Kevin

wccberg

It finally worked with the back button and re-submit. I would guess about 6 to 8 times and it was good to go.

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately, with some hosts, that’s the only way it’s possible to get it all to go through. I’ve heard numerous reports in the past of GoDaddy killing server processes if they take too long.

Glad you managed to get it sorted!

– Ed

Ernest Alexandre

I’ve finally succeeded 🙂

I pressing back on the browser when i see the error message and, then continuing again until it completes.

thanks Ed

Swift Ideas – Ed
    Keymaster

Great!

– Ed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in and have valid license to reply to this topic.

License required for the following item
Login and Registration Log in · Register